LegacyGT.com

Suspension & vibration

68k on my 05 LGT, this is my daily/snowmobile, will NOT be lowered. Not looking to spend a fortune, but will spend a little more for better "upgrade" parts.

Think its time for struts, thinking Koni's for slight upgrade. I also have torn bushings, are there upgrades I should be looking at? Any other's I should really do while in there?

I have a creak from under rear seats when yawing the car out of a sloped driveway, other than the struts what may it be?

http://inlinethumb54.webshots.com/48053/2176790750052327601S600x600Q85.jpg

Also, vibration.. 1to2 gear shift with 5eat, when more "spirited" driving, but not floored... could this be something in suspension before I point at the trans?

That LCA bushing isn't just torn, it's completely gone. Should replace immediately.

Hard to say about your creaking. With so many worn parts, it might be hard to pinpoint the cause.

73k here - I just did new KYB struts and shocks and whiteline rear diff bushings. KDT903 - I was skeptical about this kit, but can say honestly that shifts are more crisp. Most noticeable while going down hill when the car is downshifting on its own. I agree with ibr_adam09 about the steering rack bushings... not needed.

I didn't want to do springs which is why I did KYB's. The Koni's are a great choice, but you have to cut a small portion of the strut housing to accomadate the inserts.

Bar none the AVO LCA's are a must!

The KYB's are tempting, easier install & a lot cheaper... but heard they are basically factory setup. Then again, maybe I go KYB and use the savings to buy used swaybars, as that is my biggest complaint with the handling.

And bushing wise, I've done worse

Rear lower control arm bushings on my Mustang.

http://inlinethumb01.webshots.com/49024/2737595440052327601S600x600Q85.jpg

vibration could be a number of things. LCA bushings, check your tires and make sure they are balanced. Make sure your car is aligned properly too. make sure your rear brakes are not rubbing at all as well. check all the rear bushings.

All good things to check but with the small window of when I feel it, don't think tires/alignment are doing it... now torque of the 1-2 twisting a bushing, that I see causing it.

Think it'll be f&r bushings for the front, diff bushing inserts for the rear.

Now I need to decide, Koni's & stock sways OR KYB's and aftermarket sways :spin: (koni & sways is too much $)

Whiteline offset LCA bushings and steering rack bushings! You'll be glad you did. :D

Current: 16 Crosstrek Premium w/ Eyesight & 05 Outback XT 5MT

Past Subies: 14 FXT Premium, 14 WRX hatch, 06 Legacy 2.5i SE 5MT, 98 Outback wagon

Archived