LegacyGT.com

new to subaru...HID question

EMTry53

whats up ladies and gents...i just recently had to trade in my 06 jeep cherokee and picked up a sweet 09 legacy 2.5i...anyways a few years back i had a 2002 pontiac GTP and was dumpin money into her with mods and what not. i purchased HID kit back then and didnt realize that i had to order the BI-xenon KID. when i wouuld put on my high beams they would turn off...obviously cause i had the single xenon. anyways my question here since im so new to my legacy, have the kits come along way since 6 years ago? are they easier and cheaper to purchase? does the 09 legacy need bi-xenon? i checked out my car and realized the day time runners are the same housing and bulb for the high beams. the projector housing is just the regular low beam headlight. any tips and info would be great. i did some research on here and see that DDMtuning seems to be the way to go, i just wanna have def. answers before purchasing. thanks again! looking forward to plenty of mods in the near future.

-Ryan

Your 09 legacy will not require bi-xenon. Its an H7 bulb but the DRL's run off of the

low beams. I had an 06 which I believe is almost, if not the same, as your 09. If you

are willing to, do what I did and disable the DRL's. There is a post somewhere on the

forums about disabling them. There is a harness that you unplug under the dash and

it only takes 2 minutes to do. I recently bought a 2011 Legacy and installed the DDM

slim kit 35w 6000k HIDs. From what I have learned through research, they are a good and reliable choice for HIDs ( and only cost $40)! They are exactly what I was looking for. It should take you no longer than 30 minutes to do the installation on your 09. Unfortunately with the 11, I had to take off the bumper to do the installation. Hope this helped

yeah, at first i was like, ummm low beams? really? haha ok thanks. i was lookin at the 55w 8000, but apparently i hear the 35w is probably a better idea. then i just need to find the housings for fogs before i can order the kit for those...those are like a needle in a haystack unless i wanna spend the 300+ for them OEM from subaru...thanks for the tips!

Good luck finding fogs for you 09 without going to the dealer. Also they are useless for the most part. Mainly for looks.

As for HID's. the 2009 is easy. plug and play minus drilling your dust caps. =] It is recommended to fill your squirrel finders, but thats another story. I personally use a ddm 35w 4500k kit. Highest light output, very minimal blue. good luck!

• 3 weeks later...
Can't remember how long it took to get my kit, but it was less than two weeks. My cousin ordered a set last week and it arrived the following wednesday. So it all depends if you can get lucky.

Archived