LegacyGT.com

2009 Subaru Fuel Economy - All Models

Jon in CT

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looks like they revised the hwy mpg for the 2.5i manual trans legacy/outback/forester. The brochures say it's 26...but this updated chart shows 27. Not a big deal...but I wonder what caused this to change? Was it how they tested it...or a design change...

coming over here because you cant go back to nasioc? :lol:
Information just wants to be free and it doesn't really matter that much where it's introduced on the internet. I guess it just means you guys in this forum will have to tolerate a little more web traffic here due to other forums/blogs linking to threads here.

Looks like they revised the hwy mpg for the 2.5i manual trans legacy/outback/forester. The brochures say it's 26...but this updated chart shows 27. Not a big deal...but I wonder what caused this to change? Was it how they tested it...or a design change...
The values in the table above are what you'll see on the new cars' Monroney stickers. The EPA specifies how those values are determined.

Disappointing....they need at least one model that does 25+ city and 30+ highway.
Which other manufacturer is achieving those numbers with an AWD vehicle? I'm not saying one doesn't exist; just wondering.

;1996797']Which other manufacturer is achieving those numbers with an AWD vehicle? I'm not saying one doesn't exist; just wondering.

Audi claims 28mpg on the A4 2.0T Quattro. Direct Injection has numerous benefits, one of which is fuel efficiency. Subaru can't match that with a N/A motor even :(

;1996846']28 mpg is SO close to 30 mpg. But no cigar.

hint for the recently banned NASIOC member. it's a turbo car ;) Subaru can't match that without the turbo. One doesn't have to meet/exceed your request to show Subaru is WAY behind the curve on this one.

also....name another NA 4cyl AWD car sold in the US. hard to compare with anything except a turbo model due to availability, so, logic says that if the competitor's awd turbo model exceeds Subaru's awd NA ratings then apples to apples, it would be even worse.

;1996894']Correct' date=' for the 2009 model. There's only a single trim line for the IGT, Premium Package, which doesn't include NAVI.[/quote']

Subaru does the oddest things, oh well, no loss to me. I am about to put a deposit down on a 2009 FXT Limited w/ Navigation, anyways. I figured they would've started offering a navigation with the automatic. :lol: Well, at least I know I'm not missing out on anything.

also....name another NA 4cyl AWD car sold in the US. hard to compare with anything except a turbo model due to availability, so, logic says that if the competitor's awd turbo model exceeds Subaru's awd NA ratings then apples to apples, it would be even worse.

toyota matrix

http://autos.yahoo.com/toyota_matrix_s_awd_4_spd_at/

look at that great mileage...hahahaha...im my 07 5eat 26.1 has been achieved at 80mph and that included some city driving.

you guys cry and whine too fricken much. anyone here can and lots have gotten better than epa estimates.

anyone notice how subaru keeps gearing the cars slower and slower yet they keep getting worse mileage ratings? that new rating thing is still under cutting what these cars actually get.

no one whines when we get under rated hp.

hahahahaha...335 xi look at that GREAT mileage

http://autos.yahoo.com/bmw_3_series_sedan_335xi/

we can bump our cars to fp green and prolly get even better mileage and have more power than a modded 335xi.

seriously...i'm pretty tired of the mileage complaining because they are unfounded. boost at every stoplight will drain gas like any other turbo car. constant hgwy will be fine.

You folks realize how much more the 335xi is, right? Similarly equipped Spec B vs 335xi, you can likely walk out of the dealership with the Spec B for almost $15K less. If I was spending the extra $10K-$15K, it better be significantly quicker, better handling, and better engineering.

If I wanted great MPG I would have gotten a Honda FIT

When you buy a mid-size, turbo, AWD car, you shouldnt expect to get great MPG

Besides I am getting a combined 22.6 MPG currently, that isnt exactly terrible mileage

;1996797']Which other manufacturer is achieving those numbers with an AWD vehicle? I'm not saying one doesn't exist; just wondering.

GS350 with AWD has 303 HP and achieves 18/25. Thats better than a LGT and theres alot more car there.

;1998734']That's NOT better than a 5MT LGT.

Indeed its not, however this car weighs 400 lbs. more and is putting down alot more power than a LGT. Thus the automatic is as quick as a MT LGT. The GS also benefits from direct fuel injection.

Archived