LegacyGT.com

Subaru Impreza WRX STI 380S

dc78

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Impreza WRX STI 380S is described as a concept, but the company is quick to point out that it "could become available within the next six months pending positive customer response." Right.

The WRX STI 380S, as its name implies, pumps out a whopping 380 PS, or 375 horsepower in U.S.-style numbers.

Subaru's longtime motorsports and WRC collaborator Prodrive did a complete engine rebuild to squeeze maximum output from the flat-four. Subaru also has upgraded the suspension and exhaust system, fitted a full-on aero body kit and added 245/40R-18 performance tires on gold- or silver-colored BBS alloy wheels.

Subaru says it will finalize specs on the STI 380S "following customer input" and plans to begin hand-building the car to order by year's end.

Gee. hand-built prodrive 375 horsepower H4T... based on customer demand...

And SOA thinks that it is just too darn complex to offer interior color choice on the Legacy... or a Legacy wagon, either.

Amazing. Chalk one up to actually building cars for the cars, not just the money.

Gee. hand-built prodrive 375 horsepower H4T

We call it the "Spec-B Motor." :lol:

I think it's great they're coming out with a pumped-up STI, but why can't they make some bigger visual changes to differentiate it from the normal ones? "Full-on aero kit" is nice, but I couldn't tell the difference between the STIs in the pics... Maybe different wheels (shouldn't these all be on Prodrives instead of BBS?) or (hahaha, they'll never do this) an exclusive color?

sorry...this forum practically blows goat nuts so im not always on here.
Team Pony Express

POSTED FROM MY COMPUTER USING A WEB BROWSER

I don't know, I think this is pretty hot!

same here. ;)

my 05 LGT stock = 14.8 @ 90 mph

my 08 STI stock = 13.11 @ 101 mph

hmmm..... love it or hate it, the new 08 style is more grown up. then again, if you don't like wagons or hatches to begin with, guess it won't matter. I happen to think mine is damn sexy!

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

It's funny, a few people I know who HATE hatches actually think my car doesn't look "half bad." But I have always loved hatches (ford focus, mazda 3) so I am super happy to have a fast hatch.

Plus cops don't even notice me. Only once in my driving has a cop even looked over at my vehicle as he was passing me or on the side of the road. Pretty wild. Plus my insurance is only $250 more a year than my legacy. Good times!

ya, I think mine is about that too... and only because of my at fault accident and tickets from 2 yrs ago. they'll all be falling off in Oct when I renew. :D

I like the MS3, so maybe that's why I like the new STI so much? Dunno. Even still, I REALLY like the new 08 LGT style.... I want both! :lol: As for the cops, I've already been pulled over in the new car 4th July weekend just minding my own business... for tint and the sticker on my lic. plates. :rolleyes:

I like the way it looks, too, but now it has an extra 70hp and it's itching for, I don't know, a super-widebody kit? Maybe that'll be on the 420S (just in case Mitsubishi comes out with a new FQ-400) :D
sorry...this forum practically blows goat nuts so im not always on here.
Team Pony Express

POSTED FROM MY COMPUTER USING A WEB BROWSER

same here. ;)

my 05 LGT stock = 14.8 @ 90 mph

my 08 STI stock = 13.11 @ 101 mph

hmmm..... love it or hate it, the new 08 style is more grown up. then again, if you don't like wagons or hatches to begin with, guess it won't matter. I happen to think mine is damn sexy!

^

"my 05 LGT stock = 14.8 @ 90 mph"....5EAT

I like the way it looks, too, but now it has an extra 70hp and it's itching for, I don't know, a super-widebody kit? Maybe that'll be on the 420S (just in case Mitsubishi comes out with a new FQ-400) :D

it should come with 400 hp! :D

Archived