LegacyGT.com

Bolt up turbocharger upgrade - Vol-2

Thanks for posting that info. Really close to the mods I'll be running if I go 16G (still torn between that or avoiding the "need more power" urge to get the 68HTA). I'll be doing 850cc injectors though and E85 during the summer. Curious as to what fuel you are tuned for?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No worries, I wished there was more info out there when I was researching mine! I'm tuned for 98 RON which is the best pump fuel we can get over here in Oz. Bigger injectors and E85 will be the next step but not for a while now. This increase in power is more than enough to keep me happy for now!

Thanks Mark, no more dyno for a while though... I just spent a bit on the dyno tuning which ended up not being used. I think the Virtual Dyno figures are a pretty good indication of where things are at based on other baseline/dyno runs I have, and the VD graphs mean more to me since all my WOT logo comparisons are done the same way - it's almost a controlled environment :)

No worries, I wished there was more info out there when I was researching mine! I'm tuned for 98 RON which is the best pump fuel we can get over here in Oz. Bigger injectors and E85 will be the next step but not for a while now. This increase in power is more than enough to keep me happy for now!
Thanks. That's similar to the 93OCT in the states - unfortunately here in my state best we get is ethanol free 92OCT. That will be winter fuel and E85 in the summer. Pretty sure a BNR 16G will be in my future. Just getting a clutch done now and then I'll accumulate the last of my supporting mods (DW 850CC injectors, WBO2 and boost gauge, replacement turbo inlet, and I want a CBE).

Going with the 16G, going to reach out to Bryan in the next week or so. I've already got an upgraded oil line so I'm checking to see if that will be acceptable to his warranty so I don't have to fork out $200 if possible.

I'll stick with stock fueling for now.

How do I tell if I have an upgraded actuator on my VF43 BNR68? I bought it used from a forum member on Nasioc and the owner didnt know. Bren (my tuner) said that my car was acting like I needed the upgraded actuator and I want to make sure I don't already have one.

BNR%2520HTA.jpg

HTA68.jpg

Alright guys, here's a dynograph from my 08 wrx using BNR 18g

BNR 18g

Catted turboback

1000cc DW

65c Pump

PW TMIC

tuned on CA 91

Was hoping for 300-320, but the car feels amazing considering Im coming from the little td04 (not a vf52).

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/8992/dynographa.jpg

That appears to be a painted stock actuator. The upgraded actuators are visibly much larger. I just swapped mine out on my BNR turbo because of the same issue.

Does BNR have their own brand of actuator or do they use the AVO?

How do I tell if I have an upgraded actuator on my VF43 BNR68? I bought it used from a forum member on Nasioc and the owner didnt know. Bren (my tuner) said that my car was acting like I needed the upgraded actuator and I want to make sure I don't already have one.

From the looks of it, it appears to be a OEM actuator (lighter body and solid rod linkage). I have a upgraded actuator from BNR, it's a bit beefier and it has adjustable linkage.

Can you pressure test it to see what pressure it actually opens the wastegate? If it opens at approx. 15#, it's the upgraded actuator.

Not sure if it's any help or relevant to yours, but this is a photo of my BNR EVO3 16g with new BNR compressor cover and 'upgraded actuator' which comes standard now... 0.8 to 1.2bar from memory and set to 13psi when it leaves BNR.

http://beanstalk.com.au/personal/photos/FXT/20130225_BNR16G_Arrives.jpg

Edited by ExRex01

Not sure if it's any help or relevant to yours, but this is a photo of my BNR EVO3 16g with new BNR compressor cover and 'upgraded actuator' which comes standard now... 0.8 to 1.2bar from memory and set to 13psi when it leaves BNR.

http://beanstalk.com.au/personal/photos/FXT/20130225_BNR16G_Arrives.jpg

New housing looks so amazing, thanks for the pic. I have confirmed with Bryan that I definitely have the stock actuator so I am going to order one today.

Sweet! I love mine and I've heard very few people say they aren't happy with the power level of the 16G... and those who aren't are probably just greedy. :lol:

Yea, it will be perfectly fine for my use and expectations.

Hopefully you get yours back in soon.

Glad you guys are liking my new products! I am happy to get rid of that damned core program :D.

Bryan@BNR

I'm sure it's much better for all involved and I'm truly glad that you've been so successful to be able to do this. Unfortunately I waited too long to get my rebuilt version in and now the bottom has dropped out of the used VF-40 market. ;)