LegacyGT.com

Having a terrible time finding a front lip for my 08 Spec-B

GT35 STi

Let me start off by saying I've tried searching this site for advice and apparently I'm a terrible keyworder as I've come across nothing of help. Well, I take that back. I found a few usernames that people suggested from pretty old threads and decided to PM them anyways :lol:

Anyways, I was wondering if any of you knew of where I could buy a front lip for my 08 Spec-B. I know the last time I looked in to this, there was an ebay lip I could buy as well that would take very little modifying? If there is a thread, store owner, local crackwhore someone can point me to that can at least get me in the right direction. That would be great.

Thanks in advanced :cool:

Do the Ebay lip, cut a little bit off on the inside where it goes up in the middle section of the bumper, easy as pie. Plus they are cheap, I would know since I'm on my third one... lol

276hp/347tq On a DynoJet

Dyno Video - Had a big lean spot as you can tell in the second pull

Do the Ebay lip, cut a little bit off on the inside where it goes up in the middle section of the bumper, easy as pie. Plus they are cheap, I would know since I'm on my third one... lol

Why are you on your third one? :lol:

I was thinking of just giving the ebay lip a go. Is it really that easy? Just need a dremel or something to shave a little bit off?

Also, can you throw a link to the one you buy? I just realized there's hundreds of different sellers

I'm to low for the greater Philly area and scrape it all the time. This one (3rd) has been good lately, maybe since its bolted to the bumper this time.

I used a sharp razor blade to cut all mine.

Pretty much bought the cheapest S204 06-07wrx lip on ebay every time.

276hp/347tq On a DynoJet

Just a heads up, I think R-rev has a carbon fiber lip for the 08's now.

:cool: It also sounds like RavSpec has one. I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the 06 s204 sti lip and will see how that goes. If it ends up looking like crap, i'll go with R-Rev carbon fiber or RavSpec

Has anyone doing a step by step on getting the 06 sti lip to fit? If not I'll try to take some pics while I install mine.

:cool: It also sounds like RavSpec has one. I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the 06 s204 sti lip and will see how that goes. If it ends up looking like crap, i'll go with R-Rev carbon fiber or RavSpec

Has anyone doing a step by step on getting the 06 sti lip to fit? If not I'll try to take some pics while I install mine.

I saw the installed product and looks nice. Pics on the install?

Also a link to the lip you got. You can PM if you don't want to post.

I got this lip

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FIT-FOR-06-07-Subaru-Impreza-WRX-STi-S204-Front-Bumper-Lip-Spoiler-/280998391490?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item416ccf2ec2&vxp=mtr

I ended up not having the correct tool to make the necessary cuts you have to make to make this lip fit. Basically look at Windy Road's pic. Basically where the lip goes up is a fraction bigger than the size of the bumper going up, so you have to trim off a little bit on each side of the up part of the lip to make it fit. Length and everything else it fits perfectly.

Not sure from the pictures where exactly the cuts are being made...

Its easier to tell what needs to be cut if you have one in front of you. But you are trimming these two areas really.

IMG_2709.thumb.jpg.a033fda779b3c2439dfec00e6fc1f5e2.jpg

276hp/347tq On a DynoJet

I did not trim all those parts you guys did, made it mount into the indent of the bumper. Ill show you how it came out, I used a heat gun to form it into the indent and LOTS of screws. I know how to mold plastic since im a vacuum former operator/mold maker for a living. I just couldnt stand having that 1/2"-1" gap between middle of bumper and lip on the sides.

I did not trim all those parts you guys did, made it mount into the indent of the bumper. Ill show you how it came out, I used a heat gun to form it into the indent and LOTS of screws. I know how to mold plastic since im a vacuum former operator/mold maker for a living. I just couldnt stand having that 1/2"-1" gap between middle of bumper and lip on the sides.

If you cut it to the up lift of the bumper you won't have that gap. There are parts there is a minor gap, but nothing major. I haven't noticed it yet while walking around the car and I stare at it every time I walk up to my car still(hey don't judge, it's still new to me!:lol: )

Archived