Amoxi

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
http://news.moneycentral.msn.com/pro...03&id=10222013

July Auto Sales: Subaru

August 3, 2009 11:17 AM ET

Associated PressAll Associated Press news

NEW YORK (AP) - Subaru of America Inc. on Monday said its US sales leaped 34 percent in July on sizable sales improvements for most of its models.

BY THE NUMBERS: Total sales rose to 21,839 units from 16,271 last year. In the first 7 months of this year, sales gained 4 percent to 115,145 vehicles compared with 110,366 last year.

TOP SELLER: The Forester sports utility vehicle, with 7,574 sold — an increase of 36 percent from July 2008.

HOT MODELS: The model showing the most sales improvement from a year ago was the Impreza 5-door hatchback. Sales jumped 47 percent.

I guess ugly does sell...

Yeah, I'm sure the tens of 2010 Legacys they sold in July, helped July sales a bunch:lol:. The test is to see what happens when dealers run out of '08/09 Legacy and Outback stock.

Ouch...

Tribeca never took off, but as an a 3.5 year owner of one with 50,000 miles I can say it has been a great vehicle. Build quality has been good and it has been very reliable. On the highway we can get about 23 mpg and it drives very nicely. I have grown to really like the appearance of it especially in Atlantic Blue Pearl with the roof rack. Too bad for Subaru the investment didn't pay off.

2101880191_2006Tribeca013.thumb.jpg.8b0b3c8706adb41637490c53bec6410e.jpg

next month will go way down because cash for clunkers will slow down. Last month was a once in a million years pot luck for the manufacturers... even the ones down were down a lot less than in previous months.

Subaru has one or two ads running for 2010 models currently. The 2010's aren't set to launch with media $$$ until September. August advertising is focused on the selling out of the remaining 2009 models through the "A Lot to Love Sales Event."

Subaru (and many other manufacturers) should see big gains in in the 4th quarter as that's when the financial crisis hit last year.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Tribeca never took off, but as an a 3.5 year owner of one with 50,000 miles I can say it has been a great vehicle. Build quality has been good and it has been very reliable. On the highway we can get about 23 mpg and it drives very nicely. I have grown to really like the appearance of it especially in Atlantic Blue Pearl with the roof rack. Too bad for Subaru the investment didn't pay off.

Actually,

Blue with tinted windows looks pretty decent.

I would probably go with the 2008 facelift with the 3.6 engine... but I am somewhat impressed how nice that looks in profile, in blue.

I have been saying that I find myself appreciating Tribeca's smoother lines, with the advent of the 2010 Outback that is nearly the same size, and not as smooth.

That picture further establishes my opinion.

But I don't need an SUV. I'd rather Subaru build be a nice new GT Sport Coupe. They could stand to keep that smoother than the '10 Legacy and Outback, as well.

Funny,

I remember making that argument AGAIN, with the '10 Legacy now going after mainstream sedans...

I guess Subaru likes making the same moves over again, and hoping for a different result.

That is the definition of a word. I believe that word is... Insane. :D

I definitely see Legacy Sedan growing in volume over the previous model

It costs less than the old one, has more room, and gets significantly better gas mileage. Sitting inside of one the other day I think that the interior is step above any of the previous generations. Whether the enthusiasts here like the car or not, the car buying public will like it and buy it.

It costs less than the old one, has more room, and gets significantly better gas mileage. Sitting inside of one the other day I think that the interior is step above any of the previous generations. Whether the enthusiasts here like the car or not, the car buying public will like it and buy it.

I agree, it's still got that Subaru oddness to it but the larger size will help it compete against Camry and Accord. Personally I'm not thrilled with the looks but beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

As far as the sales increase goes, I was part of that. I purchased a new 2008 LGT in July at a substantial discount and they still had 10 other 2009 Legacy's on the lot. It will be interesting to see if the sales can hold after the leftovers are gone and government handouts end.

Archived