LegacyGT.com

Window tint OEM ?

I have noticed a couple LGT wagon's around my city, and they ALL have the same tint level as mine. I have also noticed many in pics on here also have it. May come out as a stupid question, but since I bought mine used, I am unaware of OEM glass. Did the LGT come factory with tinted glass?? Maybe just the wagon did? I am a sponge, and this forum is the liquid I am trying to absorb.

I have seen many tinted stock legacies too. Could be a Limited feature, IDK. I only know that the stock tint on my non-limited GT wagon is about 90%. A bunch of us went to a Tint-Meet, and that's what the tint guy said his gauge read. FYI 90% is basically no tint.
[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

My tint has "Carlex" or something like that in the corners of the side windows... a couple of the other leggies I've been close to have had this as well. Maybe some kind of Subaru setup.

When I've tinted all my other cars, there was never a marking on the tint. However, I'm sure nobody wanted their name on the tint levels I've put on in the past :D

:spin:

My '07 2.5i Limited sedan came with tint.... I am the second owner as well, however I believe it is only UV protection. Only reason I knew it was on there was due to scratches on the passenger side window and a small chunk missing from one of the rear corner glass.

The only subaru to have stock tinted rear glass is 08+ Outback 3.0Rs and XT Limiteds and 2.5i Limited. No other subaru has had tinted glass in the rear. It is extremely common however for a dealer to do it aftermarket.

To answer you specifically, no 05-07 does not come with oem tinted windows. Also tint could vary between 10 and 20% between cars and you wouldnt notice due to lighting and also the fact that most states let you do 20 legally and that what most do, sence it as dark as legally possible.

Archived