LegacyGT.com

poll: What oil are you using and what change interval?

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Opie, how do you like the Motul and how does it compare to Mobil 1 or Amsoil?

The Motul has been fine, I haven't had any issues with it (consumption, sludge, etc). Seems to work as well as the Mobil1 I had used on previous (non-turbo) cars.

Motul 8100 Synthetic 5w-30 & a Subaru OEM filter every 3,000 miles.

No offense, but changing a good syn like Motul that often is a pure waste of money, unless you drive hard enough, or under conditions that a used oil analysis indicate a need for such frequent oil changes. For 99.9% of people out there, changing a quality synthetic at 3K miles just flushing money.

More on topic, I use made in Germany Castrol Syntec 0w30, with 7.5 oz of Valvoline Synpower Oil Treatment added. Purolator oversized filter (L14610). I change my oil every 5K miles. I only change it that often because I do a lot of short drives around town, and I tend to romp on it pretty hard. I do a UOA every other oil change and all have come back with stellar results.

Emay lsoay.. (pig latin, for me also) Mobil 1 actually makes a noticeable difference, atleast it did in my car. Runs smoother and revs quicker..

Putting Mobil 1 was night and day in my car, it was just soo much nicer to drive.

I love my car ... basically.

Mobil1 5w30 + Purolator PurOne every 3-5K miles, depending on my driving habits/circumstances.

I know it's probably overkill, but it just gives me peace-of-mind. :)

So far, I have not noticed any undue consumption issues.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Pen Platinum 10w30 here changed every 4k.....was using Mobil 1 EP & changing every 5k.

After sending it off for analysis though the Platinum tested about the same as the EP.

So the extra 6.00 goes back into my pocket:)

Use just under a half qt over 4k

Always change the filter also......K&N

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

I did Pennzoil 5w30 (yellow bottle, not synthetic) around 1000 and again at around 3250. Not sure what interval I'll go to -- I'll probably have an oil analysis done after a few thousand to see what it looks like.

Archived