LegacyGT.com

Er SP diagnostic code

On my way home from work yesterday I had an Er SP code appear in place of my trip odometer. Speedo sits at zero and odometer doesn't count. The hazards will intermittently flash for about a second or so. I've seen a few posts about this code, but some of the other issues aren't present in those.

I've had an Er SS code (Vehicle speed signal abnormal (wheel speed signal abnormal)) several times previously and it ended up being a bad rear wheel speed sensor.

The Er SP is defined by the manual as Vehicle speed signal abnormal (ABS/VDC diagnostic trouble code information). The part that confuses me the most is cruise control works fine. Do the speedo and cruise control not share the same speed signal?

I was under the impression that ABS and VDC share signals from the wheel speed sensors but perhaps I'm mistaken.

Has anyone ran into this code before? Any thoughts as to what sensor could be faulty causing this? Thinking this one will probably warrant a dealership trip.

• 1 month later...
Get your old speedo head back from them. It's yours as the law says that any and all parts replaced are to be offered to the customer.

I was told it had to be sent back. Sounded like a crock of shit to me, but they're on their 3rd new speedo that they are paying out of pocket. Karma's a bitch.

Archived