LegacyGT.com

Santa Cruz subaru..

P2x

[quote name='Gumby'] Haven't discussed numbers yet, $1k over invoice sounds great, I get the feeling he's relly into volume more than profit on each unit. How many miles do you have on your WRX? He wouldn't give me a trade in price until he saw my car but it's perfect with 21,xxx so I'll except a minimum of $18k or I'll be taking the private sale route also. Can't afford to take a big losss, the car is only just 1 year old. Are you going to get your car serviced in Santa Cruz, their service dept. is open Saturdays :) We should be discussing this in the Bay area forum....[/quote] Mine has 21,xxx miles on it as well, but I got it around the beginning of 2001, and he offered $14k. But $18k might be doable for you if it's only 1yr old. It's going to be a bit of a pain selling privately, I was hoping to avoid it. Yeah, I can live with $1k over invoice. Do you think they'd throw in the options at cost price?

Selling it in the bay area should be easy, lots of people around here still want this car... Now I have lots of mods on mine, so that's going to be a pain, finding someone to swap ECUs with.

By the way, Im looking to use the IMBA discount on the next Suby I pick up. Looks like an 1800 savings for a $25 membership... and no hassle from the dealer! BTW, I'd recommend Redwood City's Subaru dealership, on par with Santa Cruz for customer service.

Well Redwood is closer to where I live and maybe they might give me a better deal on a trade in. Who's the best guy to talk to there?? Unfortunately I can't wait six months (without spontaneously combusting) for the IMBA discount to kick in! I really have my heart set on getting a new car in the next month or two..

I did get my car there but I don't remember who, its the service department that gets major kudos from me. When the service manager checks in your car and knows what aftermarket struts you just put on, you feel like your car is in good hands.

[quote name='P2x'] Unfortunately I can't wait six months (without spontaneously combusting) for the IMBA discount to kick in! I really have my heart set on getting a new car in the next month or two..[/quote] I knew last year that I was going to buy a Legacy after the Japan debut, so I signed up for the program immediately : )

• 1 month later...
[quote name='P2x']Well Redwood is closer to where I live and maybe they might give me a better deal on a trade in. Who's the best guy to talk to there?? Unfortunately I can't wait six months (without spontaneously combusting) for the IMBA discount to kick in! I really have my heart set on getting a new car in the next month or two..[/quote] My friend got his wrx there and I tested drove the Legacy there. The guy that he introduced me to was Larry. If anything I think you should talk to him. He comes highly recommended from other people I know that has dealth with Carlsen

No, you don't. There are also other associations that you can join to get the VIP pricing. Do a search of "subaru vip invoice" at google.com. [quote name='labowbow']Do you need to own Mountain Bike to join IMBA?[/quote]

This Space For Rent

Archived