LegacyGT.com

Exhaust question for 2009 Legacy

scoolied

I have a 2009 Legacy Special Edition 2.5L. I need an exhaust(preferably from the cat back) and would like it to be stainless. I have looked throughout the internet and can't find one. It seems like different exhausts will only work on GT models or other. Does anyone know of an aftermarket one that fits without modification? Thanks!!

I have a 2009 Legacy Special Edition 2.5L. I need an exhaust(preferably from the cat back) and would like it to be stainless. I have looked throughout the internet and can't find one. It seems like different exhausts will only work on GT models or other. Does anyone know of an aftermarket one that fits without modification? Thanks!!

are you looking to replace a broken system, or jut upgrade for performance? if for performance, a catback on a 2.5i wont get you any real power increase, just sound. if that is all you want, you can do mufflers that fit the LGT. they will bolt up to your y-pipe fine. that will save you some money too since all you are buying is the mufflers/

are you looking to replace a broken system, or jut upgrade for performance? if for performance, a catback on a 2.5i wont get you any real power increase, just sound. if that is all you want, you can do mufflers that fit the LGT. they will bolt up to your y-pipe fine. that will save you some money too since all you are buying is the mufflers/

I'm looking to replace what has rusted and cracked with a new system that is stainless because I live in Pennsylvania and we get horrible winters. I'm hoping to find one that will mainly improve the sound quality since my engine is the stock 2.5L.

You can always take the car to a exhaust shop and have them make you a full stainless exhaust. A custom made system always fits better then a off the shelf system. Your gonna pay more for the custom setup though.

I have an appointment tomorrow at the muffler shop to see what can be done. My plan was to replace it with all stainless because of the horrible winters where I live.

Keep us posted on what you end up doing. My car has a lot of miles on it, and I don't plan on getting rid of it anytime soon, so I think I may need to replace my exhaust at some point too. As you have pointed out, there are not many options out there, so I'm curious to hear what the muffler shop says.

Keep us posted on what you end up doing. My car has a lot of miles on it, and I don't plan on getting rid of it anytime soon, so I think I may need to replace my exhaust at some point too. As you have pointed out, there are not many options out there, so I'm curious to hear what the muffler shop says.

I took it in to the muffler shop and they said they didn't have a stainless exhaust for it. They welded where the leak was and I doubt it will last much longer than one of our terrible winters but I am hoping. I did find this afterwards and it does say that it will fit a 2009 Special Edition:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-BURN-TIP-DUAL-MUFFLER-RACING-CATBACK-EXHAUST-SUBARU-LEGACY-05-09-/231368053863?fits=Year%3A2009|Make%3ASubaru|Model%3ALegacy|Submodel%3A2.5i+Special+Edition|Engine+-+Liter_Display%3A2.5L&hash=item35de9c5467&vxp=mtr#vi-ilComp

Doesn't AVO make a stainless one for N/A cars ?

Thank you for the info. It does have an exhaust for a 2009 special edition but it says it is the turbo model and mine is a non-turbo. If I knew for 100% that it would be an exact fit I would consider it.

There was a member named blackfang who used to post here quite a bit. I remember reading that he installed a SPT exhaust for a turbo legacy on his non-turbo 2007 legacy, and he said it fit perfectly.

He mentions it in post 86, and in a few more posts after that.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1989208&postcount=86

I'm a little confused though. One website lists a SPT exhaust for a 2005-2007 turbo legacy, and a few other sites say 2005-2009. It also sounds like there might be a "v1" and "v2" version, I'm not sure which one he tried. I think GEE-OTTO also installed a SPT exhaust, but I'm not sure if that was on his LGT or non-turbo legacy.

Archived