LegacyGT.com

Designer for Hire

icy

I know this is a car forum, not a job seeking tool but as they say its not what you know its who you know, so I gotta get my neck out there.

I have my BA in Industrial Design but I am very well versed in several aspects of making a company profitable. If you know someone who needs a designer or just a person to do CAD or graphics or prototyping please read on as I am starting to get a bit desperate.

The company I am working for is selling my job to a manufacturer in Texas. That puts me in a position to find another job by the end of the year. For the life of me I cannot find a company that is hiring someone with my qualifications.

I have been with this company for over 3 years now and have worked my way up to the Operations Manager position. This means I oversee all Engineering, R&D, Production, and Inventory. I am a very passionate worker and take every aspect of my job seriously, even if it is sweeping floors. So if anyone here can help I will be forever in debt.

-Brett

BTW, Feel free to use this thread for local economic discussion also. Share your stories of you or friends getting laid off due to the current economy.

Brett,

When i was between jobs, I got ALOT of freelance work off of craigslist.org. Hopefully, you can find some small jobs to keep you afloat. People who post up the jobs are morons and will try to rip you off, you just have to be confident!

Best of luck.

brian

Had 1/4 of my office laid off about two weeks ago. They worked in Urban Land developing, basically designing residential strucutres and developments, well, when the housing market went down the drain, unfortunately so did their jobs.

Good luck, do you have any experience with structural CAD drawings? May be able to fill that need here in the office (Engineering Consulting Firm in Denver)

Thanks guys!

I have done my fare share of freelance work. It is hard to get what you are worth not to mention the competition.

I have more experience with individual parts and assemblies but all I need to know is what the specs are and I can draw anything. I'm not so familiar with architectural drawings but standards and specs are easy to pick up.

Archived