LegacyGT.com

why I love my legacy GT wagon

Drove 85 miles to help a friend out over a mix of multi and single lane highways Saturday morning. Passing is a non-event on the single lane roads, and it is quiet to the point I can’t tell how fast I’m going unless I glance down. The heated seats are nice, something I didn’t think I’d care about.

Got to my friend’s place. Folded the seats down and tossed in 450 pounds of concrete and some 2x4s (6-foot) to work on a basement slab and some shelves. No problem fitting it all in.

Went to grab some beers in the late afternoon, and had a great time power sliding on the sand on the backwoods roads that he knows well on the way as well as an unplowed lot to have some snow donut fun. Not the fastest or best handler mind you, best so far is a 14.4, but peppy enough for me.

Got home around 7PM, and went to dinner with the parents, brother and great-aunt. A little bit of a squeeze in back, but all five of us were fairly comfortable for a short twenty minute drive.

-B

Dude, I LOVE my GT Wagon (affectionately called 'The Toy'. :D) I think every time I'm in the car or get out of it I say God I love this car! It's just really one heck of a machine, stock. Can't wait to get some good, quality mods on it and it will be like WOW!

Oh yeah, this was Saturday... LINK

Oops, posted it again. :D

B-town represent... lol

i would like to disagree... i think wagons in general dont look as good... i mean honestly... even if there is a wagon that does a like 8 sec 1/4 and a 0-6 in less than 3... it still looks liek a wagon...

and when u drive buy someone in a wagon u really cant help but think "that suucks i bet they wish they had a sedan," or "they have a family i bet they wish they had a sedan"

just to me it seems the sedan will always give off a sportier look... and i could never own a wagon myself... i just think its a family car :-/ if u want a car to carry things in, get a truck or somthing...

ok sorry for bashin please dont flame.. i like the wagon just those are my opinions... im sure its awesome wen u smoke some guy in a 325 or a stang in a wagon and hes liek WFF?>!>!?!?

-alex

B-town represent... lol

i would like to disagree... i think wagons in general dont look as good... i mean honestly... even if there is a wagon that does a like 8 sec 1/4 and a 0-6 in less than 3... it still looks liek a wagon...

and when u drive buy someone in a wagon u really cant help but think "that suucks i bet they wish they had a sedan," or "they have a family i bet they wish they had a sedan"

just to me it seems the sedan will always give off a sportier look... and i could never own a wagon myself... i just think its a family car :-/ if u want a car to carry things in, get a truck or somthing...

ok sorry for bashin please dont flame.. i like the wagon just those are my opinions... im sure its awesome wen u smoke some guy in a 325 or a stang in a wagon and hes liek WFF?>!>!?!?

-alex

Sorry, but this is just asking for it. Having just put a deposit down on a RBP GT wagon, I have to argue an opposite point. The tapered look of the wagon makes it look sporty (think the S4/A4 wagon). Also, the wagon has 99.99% of the performance of the sedan, with at least double the utility. Those of us who have had hatchbacks (love my little Integra "truck") will attest to the incredible usefulness of having a large cavernous cargo hold.

If the sedan had folding seats, it would be a little different.

Also, in case you haven't noticed, wagons are getting "hot" again. SUVs are quickly going out of style. Also, I have no wife, no kids, just a dog. Don't plan on having the first two any time soon.

--Eric

It depends on how you look at it. Everywhere else in the world, wagons are more popular. It's only in the US (maybe Canada too) where people hate on wagons and think of them as soccer mom cars.

IMO the wagon is cooler because it breaks the traditional idea of a wagon, utility, sleeper look and just the fact that it's a wagon. Just imagine lifting that hatch in the back to reveal fat ass subs.

http://www.ings-net.com/products/Legacy/imgs/photo.jpg

http://www.ings-net.com/products/Legacy/imgs/f.jpg

muFreight.co
A JDM Container Sharing Service from Japan 🇯🇵 to NYC 🗽
 🌐 Website📷 Instagram✉️ Email

Bessie II's Thread

Looks aside - once you accumulate bunches of toys (like kayaks, bikes, skis, camping gear) it really helps to have the extra space a wagon affords. I'd have to buy extra stuff and forward deploy it if I didn't have a wagon.

I wanted a wagon, but since we traded our '03 Toyota Matrix for the suby, and I already have a '97 legacy wagon, the wife wanted a sedan :( The wagons are so much more practical, without giving up anything in styling

We also have a '97 Legacy GT wagon, which my wife drives. Now we have two Legacy wagons. :) I have to admit, it went through my head a couple of times about what the neighbors might think ("Who needs two same-size station wagons?"), but I got over that pretty quickly. I just love the utility of the wagon, and there's relatively little weight or cost penalty over a sedan. Plus, I think this wagon design is gorgeous.

--Dan

Mach V

FastWRX.com

i don't have a wagon, heck I don't even have my LGT yet but i love it already. I'm anxiously waiting the arrival of my Scooby. After months of deciding, i finally signed on the dotted line for a LGT lmt. sedan 5 spd. It's everything I want, sporty looking, fast, AWD, leather seats, sunroof. I was looking at a few cars but once i took a test drive, it had to be the one. It's everything my WRX was and more!

hey sube555, what kind of mountain bike are you riding? I was up in WI last year for the 24 hours of 9 mile. What an awesome event! I competed in the 12 hour solo event and plan to be there again this year!

Unfortunately I haven't ridden it enough, but it's a Specialized Rockhopper, very nice bike, I like it a lot.

Alex1, I think you're playing with fire! :p I was a sedan guy, vowed I wouldn't give it up, I found the calling. Saw the new Wagon and it was a have to have! Have it and it's the ultimate sleeper! I can't wait to mod it out to make my Legacy STi. It will be very subtle, but it will be one hell of a car, more than it already is and it already owns the back roads. I love the unsuspecting nature of it. It's absolutely priceless, even better knowing someone just got owned in a WAGON! :D

Wagons, represent! :lol:

I got my wife the ABP LGT Wagon Limited on Saturday. She is very pregnant and loves this car better than the Volvo. I sold my O4 STI to buy the car for her. The GT wagon drives like a dream. I might not be able to whip it into a turn as hard as the STI. But, it still carves very well. I am going to take the stock wheels off this weekend and put my extra set of STi Silver BBS rims on it to see what it looks like.

Anyone seen those stickers lately..."You just got beat by a grocery getter".:lol:

Sorry, but this is just asking for it. Having just put a deposit down on a RBP GT wagon, I have to argue an opposite point. The tapered look of the wagon makes it look sporty (think the S4/A4 wagon). Also, the wagon has 99.99% of the performance of the sedan, with at least double the utility. Those of us who have had hatchbacks (love my little Integra "truck") will attest to the incredible usefulness of having a large cavernous cargo hold.

If the sedan had folding seats, it would be a little different.

Also, in case you haven't noticed, wagons are getting "hot" again. SUVs are quickly going out of style. Also, I have no wife, no kids, just a dog. Don't plan on having the first two any time soon.

--Eric

B-town represent... lol

-alex

Thats odd. When my sedan got smoked by an RS6 Wagon I couldn't help but think "That sucks, I got beaten by a car that probably weighs twice as much as me, has the ability to carry more than three times as much cargo than me, can outhandle me easily, and looks many many more times better and sportier than my sedan." Personally I have no need for a wagon however I have tremendous amounts of respect for those who purchase wagons. An SUV is actually considered a large wagon so long as it has a liftgate in the rear. In the case of the Legacy, RS6, V70R etc. The Sport is present as well as the Utility, and it is a Vehicle too!

PS (I didn't actually say those exact words... my reaction was more like :eek::eek:)

PPS What is "liek WFF" ;)?

I got my wife the ABP LGT Wagon Limited on Saturday. She is very pregnant and loves this car better than the Volvo. I sold my O4 STI to buy the car for her. The GT wagon drives like a dream. I might not be able to whip it into a turn as hard as the STI. But, it still carves very well. I am going to take the stock wheels off this weekend and put my extra set of STi Silver BBS rims on it to see what it looks like.

Anyone seen those stickers lately..."You just got beat by a grocery getter".:lol:

Post some pics with the BBS's on. I bet it will look sweeet.

Congratulations on the your future kiddo!

Such a good husband and smart too. :) Wife will absolutely love the wagon.

Not to get off-topic but was it only on the 05 STI that the wheel bolt hole pattern was increased to 114 x 5? I'm not sure on the exact size but know it's larger than the 100 x 5 on our Legacys. If it was on the 04 and earlier, then you may have a hard time fitting up the wheels.

Anyway - love mine, can't say enough good things about it, ever after waiting 8 weeks for it to be built and delivered. Puts a smile on my face everytime I drive it. And I particularly like the heated seats after a long day at work.

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Just got my '05 Legacy GT wagon Ltd.

Man, what a nice car. Subaru is dramatically improving.

I just stepped out of an A6 2.7T Sport that I leased for the past three years. And other than some minor electronic toys and the ESP, not much to miss from the A6.

The handling of the Legacy is miles a ahead of the Audi and keeps pace with my wife's WRX wagon ('04).

Actually, I like the Legacy wagon better than the WRX. Quieter, more luxurious, yet handles incredibly well. Well enough to get you a ticket a few times over, if you know what I mean :-)

Archived