LegacyGT.com

The disaster continues - Subaru Sales for June

rao

Very true........

Not to mention the large colr palate avail..........

Had my mom go look @ the 08 Tribecca, she was very impressed with the interior. Exterior was OK until she saw all the color choices:rolleyes:

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

What did you expect?

Shitty advertising = Shitty sales

I was thinking about this the other day. I cant remember seeing an Subaru add - ever. I am sure I have, but I cant remember it. I can almost quote Toyota, GM, Ford, and Dodge TV commercials from memory because I've seen those so many times.

The main reason I found myself buying a Subaru was because I was going to import a new vehicle from the US into Canada. Subaru had the most seemless process to do so. My research taught me that - no advertising led me to even consider any Subaru car.

Most of the industry saw negative numbers. They only one's to see an increase were Nissan, Toyota, and Honda.

http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2007/07/04/054091.html

All Japanese companies and they all offer a small fuel efficient car. SUbaru needs to bring back the Justy, that offers fuel efficieny and AWD, but call it something else like the Energizer or something. :) They are stupid if they don't.

A couple of years ago, I thought Subaru had hired the manager of marketing from Alfa-Romeo USA; Alfa was pulled out of the US market in the late nineties by Fiat, believing that they couldn't justify sales of 30,000 cars a year.

Anyone remember seeing an Alfa TV ad? I owned a couple of Alfas and only saw ONE during the entire twenty years! They relied upon "word-of-mouth," I suppose.

I don't know what their marketing strategy is, but they seem to be emulating Alfa's. Very sad!

I was thinking about this the other day. I cant remember seeing an Subaru add - ever. I am sure I have, but I cant remember it.

Paul Hogan ("Crocodile Dundee") pitched the Outback quite successfully for a number of years... ;):lol::lol:

They have definately stepped up their advertising within the last few weeks. I see alot of Subaru commercials here in the northeast US lately.. It is constantly their "feel the freedom, Subaru" commercials. They do not have the 08 Legacys in them but should. They definately need a new advertising approach for their different models.

I concur, we get a daily barrage of Subaru ads. They seem to go for locale specific TV ads vs national. Other places I notice are many print ads in targeted areas: Parents magazines, Bon Appetite, Outside to name a few I can think of.

Paul Hogan ("Crocodile Dundee") pitched the Outback quite successfully for a number of years... ;):lol::lol:

Of course! How could I forget those?!?!?

Let me correct myself if saying I dont remember seeing a Subaru add SINCE then...

If they are advertising in the Eastern USA, maybe it is a demographic thing. The dont feel they need to push Canadians? You do see many Outbacks on the road here.

Very true........

Not to mention the large colr palate avail..........

Had my mom go look @ the 08 Tribecca, she was very impressed with the interior. Exterior was OK until she saw all the color choices:rolleyes:

The color combos are f-king terrible. The Newport Blue actually looks good on the Tribeca, but then you can't get the sand beige interior - instead you are stuck with slate gray, which looks like econo-crap.

Archived