LegacyGT.com

Final 2012 legacy 2.5 GT ever to be built (and is on its way)

ripstik

just got conformation that my subi has finally hit the port in RI. can't wait to cruize her around town. anyone know if i can use most if not all the parts made for the 2010-11 lgt's?

nope production has stopped for next year and i went thru a small battle with subaru to actually get it built. they are no longer taking orders as of jan. which is when i ordered mine. then they accidentally didn't build my car in a final run of lgt's on the production line. and thats why its taken them over 4 month to get me my dream machine. but she's finally on her way. there are still going to be LGT's sold tho. just none ordered and built.

Congratulations!

I ordered mine 2/24 and was told to expect it this Friday 6/1. Someone else ordered 2/26 and is still waiting according to the spreadsheet. These may be the last delivered instead of last made though, I am S.F. Bay Area.

I can test drive it for you, I work at Quonset Point, few minutes from the port. :))

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

Congrats! The most definitive way to identify "last made" will be from the last 5 digits of the VIN. The highest I've seen so far (on cars.com) is around 42300.

JR

In related news, there is allegedly a black 2012 LGT currently in stock at Ganley Westside Subaru near Cleveland, OH. Regardless of when this particular car was made, it will make a nice ride for someone and I thought I should pass it along.

took her for a test drive yesterday and it was amazing. so glad to be back in a nice smooth 6 speed. i still cant take it from the dealership because some paper work needs to be cleared and shit. but i will say it needs a less restrictive exhaust. she's real quiet.

oh and pillboy u can suck it.

finally got her and she's a straight beauty. im loving the short throw shifter and the puddle lights are to dope for words. ive only had it for 3 days and i already put 600 miles on her. does anyone have any thoughts on the "break in period"?

nope production has stopped for next year and i went thru a small battle with subaru to actually get it built. they are no longer taking orders as of jan. which is when i ordered mine. then they accidentally didn't build my car in a final run of lgt's on the production line. and thats why its taken them over 4 month to get me my dream machine. but she's finally on her way. there are still going to be LGT's sold tho. just none ordered and built.

I don't know what is more preposterous. ...To learn that the LGT is a dream machine for anyone...Or to imply that Subaru did someone a favor and having missed the last production run, they re-configured/re-activated/re-started the assembly line one more time for one last time to build the OP's car.

I don't know what is more preposterous. ...To learn that the LGT is a dream machine for anyone...Or to imply that Subaru did someone a favor and having missed the last production run, they re-configured/re-activated/re-started the assembly line one more time for one last time to build the OP's car.

Not sure about the OP, but they went out of their way to build my LGT that I've had for 6 days now.

Oh, wait, no they didn't. What they actually did was go out of their way to delay building my car so they could wait and collect additional orders before building them all at once. I got confirmation that my car was built in early May, and received delivery of the car 15 weeks after I ordered it on June 8th.

Having said that, I placed my order on February 26th, and it was announced they would accept no new orders only a few weeks afterward, so I don't think it's outside the realm of possibility that our cars were in the last lot of LGT's built. FOREVEREVER.

I'm still at 400 miles. Great ride and lots of compliments. Moving up from a civic hybrid, I cannot believe I can merge onto the freeway with the A/C on! 4000 rpm break in is hard, but makes sense. First fill up with 24 mpg indicated.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, so I sort of stopped following Subaru and am completely out of the loop - they officially cancelled the Legacy GT? Shame....although I've never been a fan of the 5th gen Legacy I had hope that maybe the 6th gen redesign would bring an awesome GT model.

Ah well, back to my pining for a BMW 3 Series... ;)

I was curious when I noticed that Subaru took the LGT off the list of models for 2013. I think they they mess that up since there seems to be a new VW GLI coming out this year and KIA has the optima with a turbo. I guess too much competition now of days.

Archived