LegacyGT.com

Hows the Plasti-Dip holding up?

05_2.5

Everyone that has used Plasti-Dip on their cars how is it holding up? Haven't come across any long term reviews. I've been thinking about doing my wheels and wonder how its been holding up to the elements. Also has anyone taken it off?

I did my winter rims with 3 coats of plastidip, and they've held up nicely through the first few months. I also did my grille which similarly still looks good. I was lazy and didn't remove the grille when I did it, so when I pulled the masking tape off some of the edges peeled up a tiny bit. I'll probably take the grille off and do it properly in the spring. The tires are perfect though, no peeling or bubbling at all.

this was brought up in a different plasti dip thread.....since plasti dip is limited in color selection compared to spray paint....use plasti dip as a solid base coat or primer...paint with desired spray paint color then clear coat. u have a different set of colors and if you dont like it you can still peel it off and do it again.

this was brought up in a different plasti dip thread.....since plasti dip is limited in color selection compared to spray paint....use plasti dip as a solid base coat or primer...paint with desired spray paint color then clear coat. u have a different set of colors and if you dont like it you can still peel it off and do it again.

exactly what i was thinking of doing. i'm looking to go gold.

• 1 month later...

Archived