LegacyGT.com

Plug n Play Aux-in mod for 2005 6cd radios

jazzymt

Just wanted to say that I installed the more basic kit over the summer. Just an aux in cable because I didn't really need any ipod/Iphone adapter at the time and its not only been working great since then, but it also sounds great and I've been nothing but happy with it.

Bought an extended head-phone cable and ran it into my center console. Drilled a small hole and put a small grommet in and glued the female end into the console so its very similar to an OEM aux-in located right next to the power outlet.

All in all I couldn't be any happier with this kit and it was definitely worth the money and time because its made trips in the car so much more enjoyable to not have to mess around with a bunch of CDs.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• I Donated
I'm trying to decipher which kit I need on your website, I just want to be able to run an Aux-In jack in my center console, make it look OEM. Don't need it to charge my phone or any of that. Which kit do I need? Thanks.

None of them will charge your phone. They all have a cable to exit the dash at some point and plug directly into your phone. I recommend the pro kit because that comes with a ground loop interrupt (when you're charging your phone it won't allow excess noise to come through the stereo)

None of them will charge your phone. They all have a cable to exit the dash at some point and plug directly into your phone. I recommend the pro kit because that comes with a ground loop interrupt (when you're charging your phone it won't allow excess noise to come through the stereo)

Your comment is not necessarily true, the pro-kit does come with a cable that charges your IPhone.

I'm not sure how to add a table into a thread, but I did set-up a table to help you guide through which kit suits you best. Also, these were last year, so I don't know if the items are still valid. Use at your own discretion.

Ground Loop Iterupt (RCA)

-just the interpt kit

Ipod audio/Charge adapter cord

-just the ipod chord

Subaru Aux-in Board

-Standard RCA jack

-Board

-3" patch ribbon cable

-Silent CD

Subaru Aux-in Install Kit

-Standard RCA jack

-Board

-3" patch ribbon cable

-Silent CD

-3' 1/8" stereo patch cable

Subaru Aux-in Pro Kit

-Standard RCA jack

-Board

-3" patch ribbon cable

-Silent CD

-Ground loop interupt

Subaru Aux-in Ipod Install Kit

-Standard RCA jack

-Board

-3" patch ribbon cable

-Silent CD

-Ipod audio/Charge adapter cord

-1/8" phone jack cable included

Subaru Aux-in Pro Ipod Kit

-Standard RCA jack

-Board

-3" patch ribbon cable

-Silent CD

-Ipod audio/Charge adapter cord

-1/8" phone jack cable included

-Ground loop interupt

www.jazzyengineering.com

^poor effort, but gets this gist of it across

My personal recommendation...the Subaru pro Ipod kit. Have had it for 1.5 years now and I LOVE IT!!!

Karl

I wanted to give a shout out to jazzymt and jazzy engineering for hooking it up with this kit. I ordered the pro ipod kit and the order was shipped out promptly and arrived very neat and professional, each item packaged with instructions. We did the whole install in about an hour and a half and everything worked perfectly, first try. Easy to follow instructions. The kit charges my phone, has great sound quality, and beats the hell out of six CD's. I would absolutely recommend their products to all LGT owners.

Thanks! Finally got my jams back

Hi all,

I'm so glad I found this forum because I'm already sick of the stock audio in my Legacy 2005 and I've only had it a week.

I'm extremely interested in trying this chip...

My burning question is, how hard will it be to deliver one to New Zealand? :spin:

• 2 weeks later...
Pardon my noob question about the Jazzy Kit. Im looking to be able to have AUX as well as iPod connection. What exactly do I need to purchase from the site?

Either this: http://www.jazzyengineering.com/product_info.php?products_id=47

Or this: http://www.jazzyengineering.com/product_info.php?products_id=48

...depending if you want the ground loop isolator.

You won't be able to control the iPod from the head unit if you're looking for that.

Either this: http://www.jazzyengineering.com/product_info.php?products_id=47

Or this: http://www.jazzyengineering.com/product_info.php?products_id=48

...depending if you want the ground loop isolator.

You won't be able to control the iPod from the head unit if you're looking for that.

Thanks! So with the ground loop isolator i wont be able to control the ipod from the headunit or did you mean both options do not offer control of the ipod from the headunit?

• I Donated
Thanks! So with the ground loop isolator i wont be able to control the ipod from the headunit or did you mean both options do not offer control of the ipod from the headunit?

both options do not offer control from the headunit. the ground loop isolator will prevent noise from coming through the stereo when you're charging the ipod.

Neither will let you control the iPod from the head unit.

The ground loop isolator (GLI) serves to reduce/eliminate "ground loops" which can be a whine or buzz in the audio. It's optional but I'd recommend it.

As for controlling the iPod from the head unit - the Jazzy kit is strictly for audio. Inside the head unit, it piggybacks on the ribbon cable that carries audio from the CD changer to the amplifier. There is no data control back to the iPod.

If you're not comfortable removing the head unit from the car and opening it up to install the Jazzy unit, this mod isn't for you. (The instructions are good, so if you know your way around a screwdriver you could tackle this).

I have a quick question if someone could answer. So once the kit is installed. You put it on one of the CD's. In the 6 Disc changer. It said you have to keep repeating the cd if you have other cds in the dash? Is there a way I can have other CD's in the dash and have the aux input work and not have to restart a cd? I'm also a little confused on how the silent cd works. Is it a blank cd I put in the cd changer and use that cd when I'm using the Aux input. Thanks.

The Jazzy solution is dependent on using a silent cd. It is not a blank cd but a disc with a single, long track of silence.

There are options for getting an Aux in without using the silent cd. They are not as easy or as popular as the Jazzy solution, but have their own benefits. Search the audio subforum for more info.

As Lucid says, it is a CD recorded with no content. I think one was probably sent with your kit. I had trouble with the one that was provided (no fault of Jazzy) and created one, described on this forum, using Audacity and iTunes.

If only 1 CD is in the changer it will automatically loop. If you have other CDs in the changer they will play, in turn, not the 'silent' CD.

Is there a way I can have other CD's in the dash and have the aux input work and not have to restart a cd? I'm also a little confused on how the silent cd works. Is it a blank cd I put in the cd changer and use that cd when I'm using the Aux input. Thanks.

If you think about it, it actually works similarly to the cassette adapter.

Except that the "blank" cassette and the "mod" is all-in-one as one unit.

My 2003 Accord came with a cassette deck and once I got the adapter, I forgot the fact that the car never came with an Aux-In. I've always treated the cassette deck as Aux-In via adapter.

The Jazzy board works by feeding audio from the Aux jack into the ribbon cable that connects the CD changer and amplifier. This ribbon cable normally carries audio from the CD to the amplifier. Since the amplifier will only process audio from the CD changer when a CD is playing, a disc needs to be playing for it to amplify the audio from the Jazzy.

This is done with a silent CD. It's not a blank CD, the player wouldn't do anything with it. It's a CD with a 74 (or 80 minute) silent track. When it plays the silent CD, the only audio it's amplifying is from the Jazzy's Aux-in port.

You could in theory play a music CD and use the aux-in at the same time, but you'd have two songs playing over top of each other.

Since the maximum CD length is 74 or 80 minutes, you'll have to restart the disc every 74 or 80 minutes. Just hit the "RPT" button if you're drivign for longer than that.