LegacyGT.com

Suggest me a suspension setup

Leviman

Hey folks, just getting into the whole modding world here. I've had a '06 2.5i for quite some time now, but I'm trading up to an '05 OBXT. I'm going to lower the outback down to legacy specs, I plan on hitting up the junkyard this week for the necessary trinkets to de-spacer the subframes. Now my dilemma is what struts to use? My goal is to have a daily driver that is competent at cornering and fun to drive. Currently the outback has blown rear struts and drives like Miley Cyrus with a badonkadonk :lol:. I'm thinking of doing spec b/jdm struts but they're a bit hard to find. Bilstein HDs also seem like an option, but I'm a bit confused as to WTF they are? Are they the same, different, I dunno. I'm also looking at new wheels, I'm thinking a mesh/bbs style, but on a budget (<200 a wheel). Anyhow, thanks for lookin!

And here's a pic of the car, because pics.

http://i966.photobucket.com/albums/ae142/leviman2001/20141011_150415_zpsmnsk02sq.jpg

Obviously it needs to come down :cool:

Take a look at this thread. Because you are going down to legacy gt height any thread that talks about Legacy specific set-ups will be applicable.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/need-suspension-gurus-weighing-options-231242.html

I have Bilstein HDs, my understanding is that they are firmer than the Spec B struts.

They are pretty rough. My daily commute is pretty okay though. But I've actually decided now, managed to get a set of JDM bilsteins from hkc speed. I don't know what revision they are, but they're low mileage and were a great deal. Ill update once I get them and put them on. I can tell you this much now though, anything will improve the ride and handling of blown outback struts!

Archived