LegacyGT.com

New to the LGT world, and think I might have a prob...

So I've got a decently modified 03 WRX and just bought my wife an 05 LGT Limited.

So we just got it on Saturday and the steering is weird....its feels like teh steering is kind of grinding and pulling at teh steering wheel at teh same time, its more evident at slow speeds (like parking lot driving) or mid to high speed with lots of turns. Its almost like I have to fight teh wheel a little to go exactly where I want?!?!?!!?!? My WRX's steering is nice and smooth and "normal" and am just wandering if this is just a trait of the LGT's steering gear servo of if maybe the fluid is low or the pump is going or something.

I'm taking it to my mechanic tomorrow, but was jsut hoping for some input to give to him as well.

Just ordered Cobb's F&R anti-sway bars today, accessport coming after christmas and since its my wife's DD I'll leave the modding to that :)

oh and yeah the 5eat sux! Going from her Audi S4, which had the best tiptronic auto I've ever driven to this POS tranny is kind of hard :(

Not sure what might be the cause, but I have driven 03 - 06 wrx's and all of them have had the same stearing feel. Nice and smoth.

Ben (2014 Outback SAP w/ eyesite, 2014 Tribeca Limited, 2006 LGT limited sedan)

Subaru Ambassador PNW

Not sure what might be the cause, but I have driven 03 - 06 wrx's and all of them have had the same stearing feel. Nice and smoth.

yea I love my WRX, and the LGT so far...as long as the steering gets fixed!

I had an S4 with the TipTronic Tranny....The Tip is a POS compared to the second generation 5EAT in the 2008 Subarus. Test drive one just for the hell of it and you'll see what I mean.

I did drive an 08 last weekend and the 5eat v2.0 is much better than mine, but still not nearly as good as the tip in the s4...net even close really, I mean it's one of the most advanced automatic transmissions ever made and has a replacement cost of $12k!!!

The tiptronic was great technology about 6 years ago.

The DSG is where its at.

qft

I also drove an '07 Jetta GLI last weekend and OMG DSG is the best thing ever! I am a believer in the hype now...dual clutch manuals with no clutch pedal and paddle shifters :wub:

My next car with have some form of dual clutch synchronous gearbox for sure. If Subaru doesn't do something soon I'll be jumping ship to Mitshu for a Evo X w/ DSG

qft

I also drove an '07 Jetta GLI last weekend and OMG DSG is the best thing ever! I am a believer in the hype now...dual clutch manuals with no clutch pedal and paddle shifters :wub:

My next car with have some form of dual clutch synchronous gearbox for sure. If Subaru doesn't do something soon I'll be jumping ship to Mitshu for a Evo X w/ DSG

i dunno, DSG is great for econoboxes and grocery getters with low amounts of torque, but i dont know if putting 300+ ft/lb of torque down a hollow tube sits with me

So we just got it on Saturday and the steering is weird....its feels like teh steering is kind of grinding and pulling at teh steering wheel at teh same time, its more evident at slow speeds (like parking lot driving) or mid to high speed with lots of turns. Its almost like I have to fight teh wheel a little to go exactly where I want?!?!?!!?!? My WRX's steering is nice and smooth and "normal" and am just wandering if this is just a trait of the LGT's steering gear servo of if maybe the fluid is low or the pump is going or something.

You didn't notice this during your test drive? :confused:

It definitely doesn't sound right. Let us know what your mechanic discovers.

Shoulda bought it off this site. We all take very good care of our cars here. Hope it gets fixed soon. Sounds almost like the previous owner git a curb and bent something underneath that you wouldn't notice right away.

It had to be an automatic, and it had to be within driving distance, and it had to be under $14k or else I would have bought one that was for sale in Virginia off of here.

I did drive an 08 last weekend and the 5eat v2.0 is much better than mine, but still not nearly as good as the tip in the s4...net even close really, I mean it's one of the most advanced automatic transmissions ever made and has a replacement cost of $12k!!!

From my experience with Audi, $12k is no indication of the level of engineering that goes into their parts. :spin:

Archived