LegacyGT.com

Help needed of MA Subaru fans

Visionhu

Hi all,

congrats on the forum! You have made a fantastic job! I have a severe problem, maybe you guys can help me out.

I intend to buy a 2005 Legacy GT here in Europe, which have been imported from Dracut, MA, USA. The car itself looks well, I did not see any marks, that it has been involved in an accident. Until I bought vehicle reports from CarFax and AutoCheck...

CarFax says "it has been involved in crash with another vehicle and hit utility or light pole" :(:confused:. AutoCheck says the car had a salvage title from the MVD. I have the case number from MVD and Dracut police, is there any further info I can get? Is it possible? :confused: Where should I look??

Please help me out on this if you can. Thanks a lot!

If you have the case number from the Dracut Police department, perhaps it might be possible to contact the previous owner and/or the repair shop that did the repair, and get a rough idea as to what the extend of the damage was, and how good a job was done on the repairs.

Unless you can be confident that what ever damage that was done has been fixed correctly, I would encourage you not to purchase this particular car, and maybe locate another one that hasnt been involved in an accident.

Jonathan, I have the case Dracut Police case number, but really clueless what to do with it. I stuck here...

CarFax did not mentioned any previous owner contact, and to be honest I really don't know how to continue along...

Any suggestions?

Uummm yeah my guess is if it has a salvage title then the state considered that car totalled at some point; good for parts only. I'd steer clear of this vehicle. If you are still insistent on buying this vehicle call the police dept with the case number and tell tehm what you're doing. They might have pictures, though I doubt it. Ideally you'd contact the insurance company and get the pictures from them. Try to find out the insurer of the vehicle when it happened.

Like I said though; I'd seriously not want anything to do with a vehicle with a salvage title. Being in an accident and getting fixed is one thing, but a salvage is another altogether.

Vision, sorry I didn't reply to your e-mail. I was in the middle of a death in the family this week.

I thought I had the only LGT in Dracut. I have never seen another in town. This type of accident would have been publicized in the local paper, where Dracut is a little town where nothing really happens.

Can you e-mail me any details, maybe some dates? I am sure that the Dracut Police will not be willing to release any information to me. Also, depending on the circumstances, I am not sure if the previous owner would want to discuss this if found. Rob M.

Rob, mail sent! Thanks again!

Actually, it had a salvage title from AutoCheck only, not from CarFax (the car has qualified here for a "guaranteed best buy" title...). Is this possible? I am really confused. I really fell in love with this car, as we do not have many here in Europe.

Still trying to get further info on this one...thanks everyone!

• 2 weeks later...

Where are you located? Now another one? How come you can find GTs so easily in Europe :confused:

LGT is a great bargain here in the US - so much more in Europe, where a crappy compact costs as much. I guess someone figured out it would be a nice import business...

Yep, that's the case :) And its my luck. This one has been imported from the US to Germany, and now from Germany to Hungary :) A long way to go, but can not wait to get my hands on this one.

There are not so many here in Europe, alltogether around 60 - all imported from the US.

Archived