LegacyGT.com

08 WRX with 09 Turbo ?

simbat

Hi guys ,I run into a deal on 08 WRX with 09 turbo and 09 catalytic converter.No other mods as far as i know.The reason is that after an accident with the car the original owner has removed the turbo and the stuff under the car.So tey have been replaced with 09 stuff.And for some reason now the car is even more powerful than an 09 !!!

My question is should I be concerned with that mods? I not a racer and just need a reliable,fun to drive car.I'm not planning to modify it and just was looking for plain 09.This one is 08 and has only 2500 miles and that's the reason to consider it.

Is a boost controller going to help reduce the pressure and bring the car to a normal 09 power range? Any recommendations on boost controller ?

This was the car's listing:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130495873760#v4-40

Any help would be appreciated.I'm seriously considering the purchase and if there is a chance to have problems because of the 09 turbo in 2008 car I would rather be just buying an 08 or 09.Is there a way safely to have actually a benefit from the situation ?

Archived