LegacyGT.com

MR coilovers for OBK wagons

kleggo

i just got back from an extended trip in the EU :)

way back in ........... 2007? Boostjunkie? was putting together a buy for these coilovers.

i'm going to keep my 06 Beanie OBK and would like to buy a set.

did any of you have try these?

good experience?

bad?

cheers

Craig

oooooh cool, the forum tool just showed me this thread

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43906

still would like to hear what you think of these.

Wow that's pretty harsh mat.

I've been running them for three years now with no problems other than a torn dust boot and that's with about a dozen autoX/track events mixed in there. My experience has been good but if you search around I'd say the experience across the site is maybe 50/50. However, I would like to qualify this by saying you rarely ever get feedback about something that is working correctly but will almost always hear when something goes wrong. Also I think it's ridiculous that this should need to be said but proper installation, operation and maintenance go a long way. It’s amazing how often this is the source of what becomes a bigger problem. That's just my $0.02.

The Ridiculousness is no more :( But you can have your very own piece of it. **The Ridiculous Part Out.** :D

Happy to hear they work for you. I think useful data would be how many miles you put them vs. how many years you had them. Also condition of the roads you drive on.

What's disconcerting about them was a catastrophic failure, when the the shaft broke. Maybe an installation error, but there is nothing to "coilovers maintenance".

The installation, operation and maintenance comment was more for aftermarket parts in general. However, I feel regular inspection falls under the maintenance heading and can help you nip problems in the bud before they lead to catastrophic failure. That said based off the failures that have been experienced on this forum I double check all the bolt torques and general component health every time I rotate my tires.

I apologize for not throwing out some data for support but I figured based off your post people were just supposed to take my word for it ;).

I have driven almost 40k miles on them from Colorado to Kansas to Oklahoma to Alabama. I have driven on everything from race tracks to Jeep trails I probably shouldn't have been on. I've towed small U-Hauls and packed 5 adult males with full ski gear for day ski trips to into the Rockies. I've driven smooth roads, shitty roads and everything in between over the past 3 years and believe I've given the coilovers a thorough run-through. I try to participate in at least one autoX event every couple months and have driven in 2 track days as well. The car is currently sitting at LGT height with either 50 or 100 lbs of preload all the way around, I can't remember which. If you'd like to see my mod list it's here but the pictures are old. It is my daily driver and those who have driven my car feel it is solid and handles well but is still comfortable to ride in.

The Ridiculousness is no more :( But you can have your very own piece of it. **The Ridiculous Part Out.** :D

I think the consensus is these are junk and fall apart in a short order.

Instead you want these:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=111880

thanks for taking the time to reply.

I agree, that for a performance application Bilstein product is hard to beat.

i recently installed Pss10s on my Carrera.

but

my primary goal for the subie is to just lower the ride height.

I'd be happy with HD shocks that were threaded to adjust ride height, but i don't know of any on the market.

do you?

my application is mellow fwy cruising in the LL Beanie.

thanks

Craig #426 :lol:

see photo below

1525060579_snarflingmr.JPG.2dab7a969334ba846ab9704576bc69c9.JPG

Archived