LegacyGT.com

confirmation of 05 LGT clutch type

nick916

I've been looking for a clutch to handle stage 2 and the occasional launches. I want easy enough engagement for daily driving and a good price.

Just want confirmation: I need a push type and either an LGT or wrx flywheel correct? I'm hearing a lot like spec stage 1 and exedy stage 1...

Thanks, Nick

I was told that all 05-07's have push-type and that the only pull types are the 6spd spec b's. I was trying to get confirmation on this.

I'll try and take a look tho I don't really know what I'm looking for. I have very little knowledge of these things.

So it looks like I want to get an Exedy Stage 1 and a wrx single mass flywheel as the best setup for stage 2 at a good price.

So I can snag this one? http://www.emnotek.com/p-3470-subaru-wrxlegacy-gt-oem-single-mass-flywheel.aspx?gclid=CNan2-PQnLwCFc41QgodiGgAmg

Only thing is that exedy says "must use with ff502 fw" which is the exedy flywheel. This is just them trying to get you to buy theirs right?

Why don't you do what did. Contact either m sprank or Mike at www.AZPinstalls.com and tell them what you think you want, ask for there advice and buy from someone you can trust.

Mike got me my Spec 2 clutch.

You may pay a little more, but your also buying piece of mind. Personally I would not put a stage 1 clutch in these cars.

Your on the west coast so may be m sprank is a better bet for you. You can tell him I sent you to him.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Personally I would not put a stage 1 clutch in these cars.

Why wouldn't you put an exedy stage 1 in these cars? I'm finding that my clutch (i believe it's an oem replacement from previous owner) works decently and then after an hour or 2 of more aggressive driving it can barely drive slowly without slipping. Then I drive it the next morning and it's perfectly fine...

Archived