LegacyGT.com

A subaru made the top 10 list for best and worst

Hanslo

From the article:

...Insurers paid out more claims to repair cars hit by WRXs than those hit by anything else. WRX owners even claimed more non-crash-related damage than owners of any other car...

Yeah, this made me shake my head and mumble unintelligible things.

Hanslo

The WRX has one of the highest amounts of collision claims of all small cars... yet one of the lowest numbers of total injuries. that's a huge testament to the safety of the car.

http://www.iihs.org/research/hldi/composite_cls.aspx?y=2004-2006&cls=2&sz=2&sort=name

Excellent link...

I clicked on wagons and now realize why my insurance rates actually dropped when I upgraded from Legacy wagon to Outback wagon.

At first I thought the insurance company made a mistake...how could it be a NEW car causes my rates to drop? Now I see that the Outback had among the very best ratings.

Originally posted by the B4:

The WRX has one of the highest amounts of collision claims of all small cars... yet one of the lowest numbers of total injuries. that's a huge testament to the safety of the car.

...giving these "damn kids" a false sense of security? The outbacks made the top 10 list for best insurance. I wonder if the legacy falls in the middle since maybe we fall in the middle - caught between being a "damn kid" and a responsible adult? Actually, I'm not big on stereotypes and generalizations but I did think the article was thought provoking.

Hanslo

...giving these "damn kids" a false sense of security? The outbacks made the top 10 list for best insurance. I wonder if the legacy falls in the middle since maybe we fall in the middle - caught between being a "damn kid" and a responsible adult? Actually, I'm not big on stereotypes and generalizations but I did think the article was thought provoking.

Hanslo

I hope not... I was just point out that even though it's way up there in crashes... it seems to protect the occupants well enough to stay at the bottom of the total injuries lists.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I hope not... I was just point out that even though it's way up there in crashes... it seems to protect the occupants well enough to stay at the bottom of the total injuries lists.

I understand. I didn't mean to imply that you were defending bad behaviour or anything. I think all of the subarus have pretty good crash safety statistics. That was partly what helped me decide on a subaru.

Hanslo

Archived