LegacyGT.com

DFW folks: help me spend my bonus

RallyNavvie

As the title suggests I have a bonus coming up which I think I can afford to spend on my car! It's just a stocker right now, I was hoping to last out the warranty on it before I started destroying it but with how few miles I put on it I have another year left to wait. So...

Let's keep the budget under $2k for now. I'm an overall performance freak, not a power/speed freak. Being a rally guy I like corners and love the ability to stop. I was considering 8" rubber on all 4 corners but that would wash that budget at once. My other idea was just pads and SS lines, maybe a front brake upgrade if I can find an affordable kit or some STi take-offs. I'm all-or-nothing on suspension, which means BIG coilovers or stock. I would like to try a set of Bilsteins though. I'd love to get another set of DMS 50s but no...

Or I could go light power if you think better tires would suffice for my stopping lust. UP/DP/cans and an AP? Anyone find an affordable TBE that rumbles but isn't something to wake the neighbors at idle? May even be able to do pads/lines as well with that route (I get to be catless :cool:).

On another note can someone recommend a good, professional tint place? I'm talking a "no bubbles" policy and something that looks like it could be stock it's so seamless.

for 2g

i would break it down to...

power:

AP

Up Pipe

Downpipe

Panel Filter

something nice for exhaust

Suspension:

Rear Sway Bar

probably some stiffer springs but your going all or nothing so get the rear sway bar and you'll be happy

Drive Train:

Short throw Shifter

some kartboy bushings

i might be able to help you out with the exhaust, though suplicating my setup might be too loud for your tastes.

got ya covered on tint, $150 all around with a reputable guy who stand behind his work.

I am actually having him do mine on Sunday. pm me if interested

i did all of this for right at about 2k:

coilovers

ap

dp

up pipe

pulley

wheels

tires

kn panel filter

custom exhaust

most of which was lightly used stuff.

i'm happy with the results.

now i just need to get that stinkin dent fixed. the plus side...as long as i go fast enough no one notices

i might be able to help you out with the exhaust, though suplicating my setup might be too loud for your tastes.

got ya covered on tint, $150 all around with a reputable guy who stand behind his work.

I am actually having him do mine on Sunday. pm me if interested

i did all of this for right at about 2k:

coilovers

ap

dp

up pipe

pulley

wheels

tires

kn panel filter

custom exhaust

most of which was lightly used stuff.

i'm happy with the results.

now i just need to get that stinkin dent fixed. the plus side...as long as i go fast enough no one notices

Smart move going used, you can almost always find a good deal on used stuff. My last mods were a great deal falling into my lap, and they things I wanted to have after the winter but it was too good to pass up.

Congrats on getting the parts keep us posted on it all after the install.

BTW dont know if you are an AT or not but doing all that you should look into a tranny cooler with the stage 2 if you are.

Archived