Florida Roll Call, Please add your Screen Name

Magic

• Replies 694
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just bought an APv2 from a leojang on here, i cant wait to get it, im also buying catless DP and catless uppipe. What else will i need for stage 2? I hear that the catback exhaust is just for noise. Im not into that, the LGT already produces enough sound at reasonable rpm.

I have read the same thing, at least on the 5th gen. The exhaust doesnt become a restriction until you go beyond the stock turbo. You may want to look into a tmic if you are trying to go for all out power.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I think some people need to start reading up on turbocharged vehicles before they buy them. :rolleyes:

It doesn't matter if it is as small as a TD04, a stock exhaust will be restrictive and a staged map will be most efficient with the corresponding parts.

Because I didn't post a link to a dyno sheet, I'm wrong? You have fingers and there are plenty of threads to prove my point. Might as well tell the guy to put a potato in his exhaust and tune it for stage 959300582.

Nick, AP stage 2 is recommended only for a turbo back exhaust. (DP and catback). If you want to run the mods mentioned above, you'll need a custom tune loaded onto your AP.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/restrictive-stock-mufflersi-161553p2.html

The only dyno sheet for an lgt I found showed a hp loss with an aftermarket cbe. Its in the first link I posted. Not many people waste money dynoing after a muffler upgrade.

Nick if you plan to run higher than stock boost you should address the intercooler before it causes a problem. The tanks have been known to seperate on stage 2 tunes.

So are you trying to tell me that the only reason exhausts make more or less power is because of the mufflers? LOL.

Usually, an aftermarket exhaust WITHOUT tuning will make around the same number, give or take, as it would without one. If you are unclear on that, you probably shouldn't hand out "advice" to people that don't know these things. And if he is going with higher boost levels, it is indeed best to go with a different intercooler and TB hose. Depending on how long the stock one holds up, it would also be smart to run an aftermarket BOV also. A stage 2 tune on an AP is primarily meant for strictly TBEs, nothing more, nothing less.

It is necessary to abide by the recommendations specified by Cobb and/or your tuner because with each and every part of your power train you install, there is at least a small difference in the way the ECU will recognize it. Different things such as air and fuel mixtures as well as scaling and duty cycles will need to be altered to compliment the new parts. Hence why even the slightest difference can make your car's idle "dip" in circumstances like coming to a stop.

He can run the stage 2 map with those parts if he'd like. But that's up to him to risk his longevity. So if you are not familiar with why it is essential to stick to the right parts in accordance with the tune, please do not offer a newbie advice. Thanks.

I mentioned mufflers due to the claim of 11+ hp gaind from an axleback swap. I offered up links to threads discussing what the op was asking as well as exhaust so he can make an informed decision on his exhaust. I am not claiming to "know" anything merely offering the information I have found on this forum and backed up with links to those threads.

The ap maps are a safe guess as to what will work on your car and are not optimized for your individual car. Getting tuned should be on your list as well an etune at least.

• 2 weeks later...