LegacyGT.com

What to Buy? Stage 2 and beyond...

Catbeater

So I just sold my motorcycle and am using the money I got from that to upgrade the car. I want to go to stage two, as well as some other upgrades. So far all i got are pretty much outside aesthetic mods. Here's some ideas:

- Downpipe

- Exhaust (want to release the awesome deep throaty sound of the boxer engine)

- Air Intake

- Intercooler

I already bought a Cobb AP, Cobb springs, and a rear sway bar. Please help me with ideas of items i need to buy and good brands to look at. Thanks!

You could get a new CNT Racing 3in catted dp for a couple bills. Also a AVO Solid Boost Actuator (if you're still running stock turbo) 99 bucks from rallitek.com, you could also run headers and up pipe I took my chances and got the FMS UEL Header and Up Pipe for 349 shipped from AJW Performance the price is nice but the header and up pipe look pretty solid on the welds are and they look really decent and if you want get Grimmspeed 3 Port EBCS too while your at it. I have all theses mods for my car. But the again I'm modding on a poor college students small budget but I have not installed my Stage 2.5 yet. Also

Why do you want an intercooler and an air intake? Are you currently heat soaking or having a flow issue?

The rest of it is just pipes, really. If you see one you like, dig up some audio clips and read enough reviews to know if there was a quality issue.

Know what your goals are yet? What you're trying to end up with should probably inform what kind of product you purchase. Just sayin.

OK so my friend apparently just told me he can get me parts at cost from the factory (dealer prices) sooo.... awesome!

My question is, is there a brand that makes everything that I would need for stage 2 (UP, DP, cat back exhaust, intake, etc.)? I have the AP already... I was just thinking since i can get parts at a good price it would be best to stick with one company. I was looking for Cobb... but couldn't find anything for my car on their website...

My car is a 2005 Legacy GT btw...

cobb makes intake and down pipe and i think they discontinued their exhaust

invidia makes exhaust, dp, and up but no intake

avo makes intake, dp, exhaust and i think up pipe but really expensive when you buy all together.

agency power make up, dp, and exhaust

perrin makes up, dp, exhaust

hks: up, and exhaust

thats off the top of my head

I was just thinking since i can get parts at a good price it would be best to stick with one company.

Why?

I don't mean to be the downer here, it just sounds like you're running head long in to wanting to buy parts without really knowing what you want the car to do. We can lay some paths out for you if you step back from the specific parts and tell us about your performance goals.

Why?

I don't mean to be the downer here, it just sounds like you're running head long in to wanting to buy parts without really knowing what you want the car to do. We can lay some paths out for you if you step back from the specific parts and tell us about your performance goals.

Its not that. I think i mis-spoke in the first post. Truthfully I don't know a whole lot about engine upgrades, as this is the first car that I have been working on. I am looking to upgrade the engine and performance now, but truthfully am looking for a little direction i suppose.

I was told by someone a while back that working with a single company makes it smoother when mapping on the AP, but is that not correct? If not, then I'd be happy to work with several different options.

My goal right now is to go to stage 2 on the engine performance. I have already upgrade the suspension and the brakes are on the way, the the up/dp/exhaust are next on my list.

However, if you have any suggestions of what I should look at first in a purely performance type of situation, please let me know, I am all ears.

I am definitely a newby to the performance upgrading arena, and am looking for advice. Thanks!

Archived