LegacyGT.com

if i wanted to buy a built engine..

If I wanted to buy a built short block where would I look? What engine code should I be looking for? I'm not new to cars, but new to Subaru.. I would pull the heads off my current engine and have them gone through and then assembled everything from there.. car is an 05 legacy gt

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Read my click here link in my sig.

How much HP you looking for ?

I have over 45,000 miles at 21psi. The car runs great. It has plenty of power for a realible DD.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

So there is no off the shelf "built" block you can buy. Well you could spend $15k on a Cosworth long block but I doubt that's the route you were looking for. Like everyone is saying, and Tris will chime in, you want a shortblock from Heuberger Subaru. What you do to it from there is up to you, but it is the most logical starting point. EJ257 is what you're looking for.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/engine-rebuild-shopping-list-226719.html

EBay would be the biggest mistake you could make with these cars.

Purplepeter? What does that even mean? :spin:

OP, get the eBay block. You NEED 500hp. It'll change your life for the better. You'll get laid more often.

The stock block is weak --it can only handle 350hp, max -- and can't handle the power you need to ensure that your dick is the biggest swanger on the road.

After all, that's why you bought a Subaru, right?

There are several places that build blocks.

Rallyspec

EFILogics

P&L Motorsports (Chicago)

Flat4 motorsports

Phoenix performance

Cobb tuning

Depending on who you talk to, there are good and bad reviews for all places above. The price varies and so does the quality. I would also stay away from ebay.

How much are you looking to spend?

Seems to be only one appendage... up to OP to decide if it's an arm or a leg.

New OE block from Heuberger is the route to go with that budget. If you have an extra arm (Tris was born in Chernobyl), you can put some goodies on it by selling two appendages.

This is why I don't visit this place much... I'm looking for a built short block that I can put some heads on and my accessories and put in my car. Why is this so hard to comprehend?

This is why we don't help uninformed noobs, because you don't search (well) and then complain when the answer is handed to you.

This is why I don't visit this place much... I'm looking for a built short block that I can put some heads on and my accessories and put in my car.

Please send $4500 to deltanu1142@paypal.com. I ship built short blocks on the 2nd Wednesday of every month. You should be running low 12's by Valentine's Day.

Tits mcgee

There are several places that build blocks.

Rallyspec

EFILogics

P&L Motorsports (Chicago)

Flat4 motorsports

Phoenix performance

Cobb tuning

Depending on who you talk to, there are good and bad reviews for all places above. The price varies and so does the quality. I would also stay away from ebay.

This is why I don't visit this place much... I'm looking for a built short block that I can put some heads on and my accessories and put in my car. Why is this so hard to comprehend?

Between CapnJack and myself we have given you a bevy of options. How much $$$ do you want spend? Its up to you. You asked a question and got some fair answers. Just because you don't like the answer doesn't mean you have to act belligerent. There are far too many factors for a simple answer. These aren't small block Chevy's.

Depending on turbo and fueling combos (power goals), your level of necessary internals will vary. You haven't provided any information on that matter so how can we provide credible advice?

Just a block to bolt your heads on? I posted a link with a write-up including part numbers to that end. Search the companies CapnJack mentioned. What else do you want?

Thanks for being one of those Subaru owners that makes people think we are all douchebags.

Lol, I'm far from being a noob. mods are as follows, vf52, 850's, 5in exhaust, 265 pump, comp stage 2 clutch, fast MS fmic. Tuned on e85 at 23psi. You guys did a Hell of a job on you're own acting and looking like dbags. For the guys that helped, thanks! I really appreciate it and I finally have something to base on...

Lol, I'm far from being a noob. mods are as follows, vf52, 850's, 5in exhaust, 265 pump, comp stage 2 clutch, fast MS fmic. Tuned on e85 at 23psi. You guys did a Hell of a job on you're own acting and looking like dbags. For the guys that helped, thanks! I really appreciate it and I finally have something to base on...

5 inch exhaust? you must mean just the tips. 5" all the way back means your going to have a bad time, if you can even find one or make one that fits

It sure didn't read originally that you were giving those that gave advice a thanks. You seemed to continue on your track of ignorance of those trying to help and ask questions about what your power goals were.

2005 Vader Wagon

Material Tests on Ringland Failure Piston

I should have held off and purchased a wagon instead of the spec.B

Archived