LegacyGT.com

OS Stage 1 Logs

SpeedNeeder

I took the plunge today and I dl'd my stock ROM, then copied over the tables from MickeyD's stage 1 map on romraider.com. After flashing, I drove around with Learning View open just to watch for any signs of knock. After I got some confidence, I did some logs with rom raider.

FYI, I have a gutted stock DP and an XO2 CBE.

This log is 5th gear up hill, the total boost was higher than I expected.

romraiderlog_20100627_200432.csv

Then a quick sprint though 1st and 2nd.

romraiderlog_20100627_200940.csv

Finally a 3rd gear pull from low rpm until I speed the limit

romraiderlog_20100627_201654.csv

When I got home I checked the Learning View again.

1432592466_LearningView_SS_6-27-201082021PM.jpg.5eb5aae5ca5f733b6d9dbf79b80cb62c.jpg

Everything appears OK to me, any feedback would be appreciated.

My other car is a 1993 Chevy S-10 Tahoe! (Currently being driven to failure by my nephew)

Today I played with the Airboy spreadsheet. There is a little bump at the end of the run, but seems to work OK, about what I was expecting. The stock overlay isn't mine, I didn't do one.

Many thanks to those that put that spreadsheet together - pretty impressive!

Clipboard01.jpg.b6081d49971c53abc1cc37fa6d3bcef8.jpg

My other car is a 1993 Chevy S-10 Tahoe! (Currently being driven to failure by my nephew)

Looks pretty good. You're making some good boost for a stage 1 tune...I think this is a good starting point for you. I would drive on it for a week and take LV screenshots every couple days to see how it develops.

Edit- Just noticed you have a gutted DP....that's why you're making good boost.

My learning view shows no knock in the FLKC table, but +11 at low load on the a/f learning table? I"m not sure if that's good or bad?

I took my intercooler off this weekend just for fun and noticed that I have no o-ring in my BOV??? I had read in another thread that this was missing and causing leaks, but I can't imagine this is a leak if I am hitting 17 psi? Anyone know if there is supposed to be an O-ring in there and what size it is?

IMG00251.thumb.jpg.bc67712b88581f4f8e947b907366c773.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

FYI

Saturday I was merging onto the highway and at WOT in 4th gear my car threw a CEL around 4,000 rpm and felt like I bounced off the rev limiter? It seemed to be running fine before and after this happened. When I got around to hooking up learning view to pull the CEL, it didn't read one and the CEL went out? Anyone have any ideas as to what that CEL would be? Perhaps an overboost? I know my car goes up to ~17 psi with the stage 1 MickeyD OS map (gutted down pipe).

The Learning View did show a -.70 around 4000 rpm under high load.

Thanks

PS, is there supposed to be an O-ring on the BOV or what?

FYI

Saturday I was merging onto the highway and at WOT in 4th gear my car threw a CEL around 4,000 rpm and felt like I bounced off the rev limiter? It seemed to be running fine before and after this happened. When I got around to hooking up learning view to pull the CEL, it didn't read one and the CEL went out? Anyone have any ideas as to what that CEL would be? Perhaps an overboost? I know my car goes up to ~17 psi with the stage 1 MickeyD OS map (gutted down pipe).

The Learning View did show a -.70 around 4000 rpm under high load.

Thanks

PS, is there supposed to be an O-ring on the BOV or what?

Could be an overboost code. You usually hit higher boost in higher load levels (i.e. 4th gear WOT). And since you're running a Stage 1 tune with a Stage 2 setup, it's likely that's what it was.

I agree with an over boost code. When I ran my stg1 (mickeyd) map and gutted my dp, I was reaching full boost faster and hit fuel cut on the way home from gutting at my friends shop. He helped me retune for stg2 (the roms found on romraider for 08 spec b). The stg2 really only tweaked timing and wastegate a bit as well as added a bit of extra boost target and increased fuel limit boost cut.

You can tweak your map yourself if you do it slowly and continue to log your driving. I would start by pinpointing the knock at/around 4k and reducing timing in that area by only .7 degrees.

At that point I would do a couple of wot logs (as long as you're not knocking), so you can dial in your boost/wastegate.

I ordered a $3 gasket for my by-pass valve, my new spark plugs showed up today, and I have 6 quarts of gear oil in my garage for my tranny and diff. Looking forward to this weekend so I can give my car some TLC. Then maybe I'll try the MickeyD stage 2 map.

What gear oil do you have? I tried Mobil 1 and I ended up having 4th gear engagement problems when getting on the highway or trying to shift 3-4th quick... I drained it out and replaced it with Royal Purple and Syncromesh mix... All the noises went away and it shifts much smoother now. I'm not sure if it was the syncromesh or the RP, but either way I'm much happier.

BGT, I have some Redline 75/90, NS for the transmission to keep the sinchros happy. That's what's in there now and it's working fine.

I replicated the CEL/boost cut today and I just happened to have Learning View already running!

What is "P0244 Wastegate Solenoid 'A' Range/Perf" ?

I had installed a stage 2 map and wasn't happy with the knock being recorded, the Learning View was showing knock in several cells. So, I re-installed the stage 1 map with reduced WGDC's to get me closer to 16 psi instead of over 17 like I was getting - didn't want to boost that high on the stock TMIC.

Over time, my A/F learning will go up to about 11% in low load. It would also take out a bunch of fuel under high load. I thought the bypass valve gasket might change that. I took a learning view yesterday at only +5% in low load and only -0.2% in high load, but I know the ecu is still adjusting fuel at idle, so the learning is not comlete. As soon as I get a chance to take another learning view, I will get it posted.

I don't know what long term learning views usually look like as far as A/F Learning, so I don't know if this is something I should be concerned with or not.

Well, looks like my fuel learning is better, under load at least, lol.

I always feel disappointed when I see knock corrections in more than one cell :(

2022524456_LearningView_SS_8-6-201082223PM.jpg.f15ebd214f53582e7ae30e022d70be65.jpg

Everything is stock except my gutted DP. The first LV is not long after ecu reset, this one is after several days. It's seems my fuel learnings get more out of wack over time. I'm not sure what this means? I am running a fram air filter with about 10k miles on it. Could that be it? Leak?

I don't know if -3 is much to worry about?

-3 is still not terrible but as mentioned above it depends on how lean your targets are. My guess is you're still fine here. The +10 in the idle range makes me think the filter is not seated in the box and sealing correctly.. Could be something else also but that is the first thing I would look at.

Archived