LegacyGT.com

Anyone know the story behind this undercover LGT?

http://i.imgur.com/aFpkIkW.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/TNr8aDd.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/flNvuPW.jpg

I know the story! They bought the car in 2006 because they thought it was a fast, stealthy car. That's when the problems first started.

One rainy night (it is Washington State afterall!) they were in pursuit of a stolen Civic Si on the back roads of Washington. The driver of the Si negotiated a fast turn with no problems, so the cop in the LGT thought, "HEY! I'VE GOT A GROWN UP STI!!! POWEERRRRRR!!!!" Unfortunately, the cop understeered right into the guard rail on the opposite side of the road. Dumbfounded, he blamed the tires. "It was the tires", as he was quoted in the local paper. The department replaced the tires with a new set of RE92s as suggested by the local Subaru dealership.

Then they noticed rock chips all over the hood and windshield. They bitched about it for awhile, but quickly got over it. They figured all Subarus just have thin paint.

Not too long after the paint started chipping, one night while out on patrol in the forests, Officer Koharski heard a strange humming noise from behind the car. He floored it, but the sound just got louder. He was sure he was about to be anal probed by aliens. Luckily he made it back to the station without any permanent damage to his b-hole. After telling his friend the Subaru mechanic about him outrunning the UFO in the LGT, the mechanic told him to bring it by the shop and he'd replace the wheel bearings. The befuddled officer complied, only to have the same experience again a year later.

This brings the story up to 2009, when the car blew its first turbo. One of the officers joined LGT.com and started a "What oil should I use?" thread. rao chimed in with, "subscribed".

Currently, the car is on it's 8th shortblock, and 17th turbo. Citizens angry about footing the bill for the extensive repairs and maintenance on the LGT suggested they trade in the LGT for a newer Legacy. The PD scoffed at that idea and said the Legacy GT was no longer built, and even if it was they'd rather get beaten by the Bakersfield cops than drive the current generation Legacy.

TL;DR: slightly humorous satirical account of LGT police car usage in Washington State

Really???

A common feature of satire is strong irony or sarcasm—"in satire, irony is militant"[2]—but parody, burlesque, exaggeration,[3] juxtaposition, comparison, analogy, and double entendre are all frequently used in satirical speech and writing. This "militant" irony or sarcasm often professes to approve of (or at least accept as natural) the very things the satirist wishes to attack.

A common feature of satire is strong irony or sarcasm—"in satire, irony is militant"[2]—but parody, burlesque, exaggeration,[3] juxtaposition, comparison, analogy, and double entendre are all frequently used in satirical speech and writing. This "militant" irony or sarcasm often professes to approve of (or at least accept as natural) the very things the satirist wishes to attack.

You didn't define your sarcasm very clearly versus what was factual. I imagine you confused more people than me. Or did you just make up the entire thing?

Seriously though, I'd like to know if the car was reliable. I am currently on the other side of the pond here in France. In the area where I live, cops have been using a fleet of 50 WRXs for the past 5 years or so. Apparently they are going to replace them with Renault Megane RS, cause they said the Subarus were too costly to maintain :(.

Here is the video if you understand French :rolleyes:

[ame=

]
[/ame]

• 2 weeks later...

http://i860.photobucket.com/albums/ab165/VernMeyer/79FCE082-335E-429B-99BA-0563B15C9826-10435-000009DC52CB6650_zps6823e619.jpg

http://i860.photobucket.com/albums/ab165/VernMeyer/622DF53C-3DCE-4695-BC90-1A0EF81C5BED-10435-000009DC4BB39177_zps3c6d76d9.jpg

It's been out more and more. It's ears must have been burning because of this thread.

thanks for posting the pictures. If I were you, I'd totally go and talk to the sheriff to find out how reliable the car has been since they've had it. I am also curious what mods it has and how many miles they've done.

I thought this was common knowledge, but the actual story is, The Rock started using this after everyone started recognizing his truck when he was Sheriff in Kitsap County so he could be sneakier. However, due to his sheer freakish size, they had to put 3 anvils on the passenger side for even weight distribution. This proved too much for the LGT's turbo to handle when his giant boot stomped on the gas. While it was getting fixed, he started chasing, letting go, and subsequently working with, Dominic Toretto, which is why it isn't used as much anymore.

There is a rumor locally, that The Rock has requested a wagon when he returns from being "The Hero" in Panama, so he can have more giant sticks to break Porsche taillights with. Purely speculation so far. :spin:

Walking_Tall_20446_Medium-1.jpg.0ade80640be83210a04f52d5a3053e52.jpg

the-rock-walking-tall-big-stick-sig-8x10-color-photo-26-t1133305-500.jpg.01ecb68e7320d6b90d288714ffe06161.jpg

Archived