LegacyGT.com

New Vendor Here ;o) - Motive Auto Works

Motive Auto Works

http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m636/MotiveHero/120703-l-MAkP5TzSs5.jpg

While we have serviced many of your forum members before, we are new to legacygt.com and we would like to introduce ourselves. :)

Motive Auto Works is a very small operation with dedicated service and quality care. Subaru Turbo Motors are our specialty. We offer anything from bolt-on installations and regular maintenance to complete motor builds.

We'll be running lots of service specials for first time customers from legacygt.com. Here is one to get started. :cool:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/30-castrol-syntech-rotella-oil-change-w-subaru-filter-188791.html?t=188791&highlight=%2430+oil+change

My name is Alberto aka Hero and I look forward to meeting you. Just give us a call, pm, email or text to schedule your next service. :)

Motive Auto Works

21 Olympia Ave Unit V

Woburn MA 01801

978-317-1804

http://www.facebook.com/motiveautoworks

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is what some memebers of a different forum had to say about us :redface:

"These guys rule. They ripped through a massive amount of work in a short time.

When I first talked to Hero he was more than willing to work with my budget for the install. This was really helpful. I was just looking to get all my parts on in a day, check out my build thread for the list, but it was a long list and a tall order.

With the meager amount of help I provided, it all got done in a day and it was all solid work. When I got tuned nothing was leaking. There were no problems at all. The work they do is great.

On a side note, they are cool dudes to hang out and work with. I think it is safe too say we all had a good time wrenching that day.

The work is good, the price is good, the company is good. Highly recommend them if you need work done." hiprsha666

"Motive auto is a great shop, and in their new location, super convenient to 93 and 95. I decided to give them a shot to do a water pump, plugs, coolant and PS flush and boost leak test on my 05 LGT.

I showed up at 8AM as agreed, but Alberto was running late. He ended up texting the wrong customer by accident to notify me. When he did show up about 15 minutes late, he was genuinely apologetic, and apologized to my wife who was waiting with me (with our 1 year old), which I thought was a classy move.

Work was done on time and competently. He even did the boost leak test on the house, because of the morning mishap, which is always appreciated.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend these guys to anyone looking to have work done on their Subaru. He definitely knows his stuff, but also knows the customer service aspect of the business. New shop is clean and spacious, and I wish them the best going forward with the company!" BigTDogg

"They just did my brakes, among other things. Car stops on dimes, nickels and pennies, and occasionally old ladies.

Those guys are really the best." MedWRX2011

"Hey guys, just wanted to give a little review about Motive. So far I've booked 2 separate appointments with Motive and both times I left as a satisfied customer. I had my first appt with Motive a few months ago, I had them perform the 105k mile service and yesterday I had them replace my clutch. The guys over at Motive did a great job and also completed the jobs within the time line that was given to me. Definitely will be going back for future mod installations." TURTLETAK

"Big thanks to Hero at Motive for getting up early on a Sunday to swap out my rust-bucket brake rotors and pads! Did a great job and didn't mind me hanging around asking stupid questions... Brake shudder gone; the Foz feels like new again!" sevenpointsixtwo

"We support Motive Auto for our pre-tune checklist vendors" brentuning

Just recently went in to have Alberto take a look at my 2005 LGT Wagon and give it the once over and give it a thumbs up or a thumbs down that it's ready for me to take it to stage II on my own. Mostly, I was looking to establish a base line so that I would know if I was having problems in the future, that the most likely culprit would be something I did rather than something I didn't know about.

Alberto was extremely friendly and knowledgeable. We chatted a bunch about parts and LGT.com and turbo Subies in general. I know he has been (and continues to be) a frequent poster on some of the other forums so he's familiar with that side of the culture too. I didn't have particularly complicated work to get done, but as far as I can tell, he did a great job with what I asked him to do.

In addition to my leakdown test and boost leak test, Alberto also found some overspray in the engine bay from either the power steering pump or the tranny. Personally, I think it was the dummies at NTB monkeying around when they were trying to upsell me on fluids to go with my tire mount. But I'm keeping an eye on those things, just in case. He even found a tiny nail in one of my brand new super spendy tires. Not pleased with that, but great catch Alberto.

After he buttoned things up, we chatted for a bit and he mentioned that in addition to his full service offerings he's even willing to potentially rent some lift time to some of his customers that are interested in doing a lot of the work themselves. He says he would be there to look over your work and provide any tips you might need (though, of course you would have to do most of the labor yourself). But this would basically be expert oversight on your own labor at an extremely discounted price as opposed to the full service work.

If you're a newb like I am that's interested in learning more about how to do things yourself, this is a very attractive option. I'm seriously considering taking him up on that to do my own brakes on his lift. This is one of those jobs that I don't think is really hard at all, but the possible negative consequences are a little higher with this particular job than most, so I've really been looking for ways to get somebody who knows more than I do to look things over.

Of course, I don't speak for Motive Auto Works in any way, so I leave that up to you to work out with Alberto on your own if your interested. If you'd rather have Motive handle the work, it sounded like they could easily handle just about any oem or aftermarket install up to and including fully built motors. I expect that I will be a repeat customer at Motive for some time to come. Recommended! :)

Welcome to LGT.com Motive Auto!

• I Donated Too

Alberto currently has possession of my own 05LGT and I am delighted to be lucky enough to have scheduled time with him to work on it, I'd have no other.

I have known Alberto for a couple of years having met him at some of the Subaru meets in the past and it is immediately obvious how skilled and professional he is in all respects. Alberto is completely trustworthy and an accomplished motor mechanic. His work is respected among so many people that know him and my own Stage II or whatever it turns into build is completely in his hands. I have utter faith in his work and very happy to have him just down the road from where I work. It is great to support a local business and especially for such a nice guy as Alberto, I wish him all the success in the world as he truly deserves it with all his hard work and efforts.

I'll post up a build thread here on my car with "Motive" soon so you can all see what's going on.

Stage IV baby! ;)

Ftfy

You know. Not now. But eventually. With a roll cage. And racing slicks. And E85. And meth. And a custom twin-turbo.

:p

Edit: And NOS.

Just got my car back from motive. Brought it in there or a diagnostic because I was getting tons of timing pulled in the low end for some reason I could not solved. He did a complete look over of the car and fixed multiple issues that may have pertained to the problem. And of course after a small amount of money later and no more frustration on my end, my car is back in perfect working order. Thanks a ton Alberto.

PS, any time you want some promo pics/vids you got em.

i gotta google your website? other then facebook page

I have to apologize for the website :redface: - I am going in a different direction with it so what you see is very under-developed and will be completely revamped by the fall

for now, facebook is the best place to catch updates and stuff - other than the forums

• I Donated Too

so the build should start to come together this week, visited Alberto yesterday and he's taking REALLY good care of my car - he has a super clean shop and makes sure customers cars are kept safe. Considering he's had it since June 28 it doesn't have a spec of dust on it. (I should point out, I've been travelling - Alberto has not been slow!)

BrenTune booked hopefully for Friday August 3rd

NRW - BNR HTA68 spinny thing

Archived