LegacyGT.com

Roof Rails/Bars on 2006 Subaru Legacy Sedan?

Enhcara

Hello,

I'm new to owning a Subaru and to forums but I have searched the forums and I'm not finding exactly what I'm looking for. The '06 Legacy Sedan that I just bought has a sunroof but no rails or bars on it. I am wanting to be able to attach a skiing rack or bike rack to the top of it, if possible.

I know most racks attach to the rails that are on top of the car already but since I don't have any do I have to actually drill holes or anything on my new car? I have seen some racks that clip on but do they clip on to the pre-installed rails or do they fit securely on top of the car without causing any damage or problems with the doors?

I guess what I'm looking for is some affordable (I'm a college student) solutions. And if I have to purchase some separate items to be able to switch between a ski rack and a bike rack. I am also wanting to know if I bike rack would fit on top on my car or do I have to do trailer attachment?

Thank you!

Thank you for your response. I've been to those websites and the more I look, the more I get confused as to what I really need and don't need. Could you please answer some of my questions I originally posted?

i have a yakima set up, super simple, Q towers are what hold the load bars to your car. Load bars are exactly what they sound like. Then you will need "q clips" these are vehicle specific clips that mount to your door frame/roof, my sedan is q78 might be the same for wagon.
StageIII Cryotune-Kinugawa STS TD06H-20GTX 9 blade turbine, ID1000, DW65c, 73mm MegaMAF , GS EWG up-pipe, Downpipe and EBCS, FMS FMIC, TGV Delete, Brembo swap

Thank you angeltalin. If I'm reading your post correctly, I'll need to get load bars and Q towers and specific clips for the Q towers for my sedan. Do you recommend a certain website I could find all this for a relatively affordable price?

Archived