LegacyGT.com

chrome pieces below taillights and grille

T_Altland27

Looking to plastic dip or paint those chrome piece's below the rear taillights on my 09 legacy and they same with my grille now I half believe there are screws behind the grill that hold the chrome trim on but what holds the pieces on below the taillights if anyone could give me insight then that be great

• 3 weeks later...

I need to replace my taillight so I have the new one off the car. I will check to see how it is attached tonight or when I can get to it.

In the meantime, sounds ghetto but I just put electrical tape over the chrome on the taillight...

cheap and instant. I didnt even have to cut. take a 1/2" roll or 1/4" roll and fold it in the crevice.

IMAG1069.thumb.jpg.55d259ead4d323a9c9ecdcc0359a1e72.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

How did you go about wrapping your grill? I really wanna do the same but am not sure how to tackle wrapping it due to the shape.

Also I did the same thing to my chrome strips nice to see someone else has the same idea:)

How did you go about wrapping your grill? I really wanna do the same but am not sure how to tackle wrapping it due to the shape.

Also I did the same thing to my chrome strips nice to see someone else has the same idea:)

Taking the grille out was a little difficult due to not wanting to dismount the bumper. 6 screws total just in case anyone else want to do the same.

Then you need to unscrew the chrome piece out. This will make the wrapping a whole lot easier. I got the AVERY brand wrap because the material is so much more forgiving when you heat it and stretch it to contour the corners. And also over time the bubbles will bleed out. Took about 45 mins to make sure the wrap AND pattern matched up. Take your time and enjoy the project. Reconnect and reinstall.

So you took the center chrome "wings" out doing those and then wrapping the outer ring?

Yes. I only wrapped the chrome parts. You can unscrew the wings and outer ring to gain better access. They are also held in by fasteners/clips.

Just got it done today. All the screws where rusted so I couldnt remove the chrome pieces, which made things alittle more difficult. There are a few small imperfections not sure if you an see them in the picture, but nothing noticeable from less then a foot or too away, so all in all for now I am very pleased with how it turned out.

photo.thumb.JPG.7526826ef93a80f4d5cb16e87e06b719.JPG

Just got it done today. All the screws where rusted so I couldnt remove the chrome pieces, which made things alittle more difficult. There are a few small imperfections not sure if you an see them in the picture, but nothing noticeable from less then a foot or too away, so all in all for now I am very pleased with how it turned out.

Beautiful! I totally forgot to mention that You Will ha e rusted screws in the chrome bezel. Mine Did too. But they popped out eventually after tugging them. Good work

Archived