LegacyGT.com

Official 5th Generation Suspension Thread

I am on H&R also for the last 7 months, maybe 10k miles or so and no problems. Took it all apart once to install the springs and then took it apart again about 5k miles ago to install the Koni Yellow shocks. No problems at all.

Between the upper front spring perch and the tophat, there is a bearing and a cupped washer. Those need to be installed correctly with the curved part of the washer facing up toward the tophat and the bearing on top of it.

Order of install, perch on spring, cupped washer (curved side up), bearing, tophat, bolt it all together.

It sounds like your installer may have installed the washer upside down or the bearing on the perch with the washer on top of it.

I'll look into this..... Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
Git sum!

something's missing though and it upsets me...

Springs?

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

My gt. Been dropped on custom built lower than extreme lows for about 6 months now. Big plans for next year, kind of on hold as I'm 7 months pregnant.

http://i1006.photobucket.com/albums/af186/DJ3w3/image_zps062c9d69.jpg

http://i1006.photobucket.com/albums/af186/DJ3w3/image_zps1fa84c5e.jpg

^^^. Congratulations on the soon to be newest addition to your family. Where were you able to get your set up from, and is this something that they plan to market ?

Thank you. As far as the coilovers they aren't changing their design because one person wants to go lower. As far as I know nothing is going to change from bc. I had to buy the shortened springs and cartridges from them and install them. I can essentially put the car on the ground though which I'm happy with. Should tuck tires on my new wheel setup nicely.

Anyone running stock shocks and a non rce black spring?

Roads in Chicago are just not meant for bilstein / rce blacks.

I want to lower the car more and I want something with a more compliant ride.

Will stock shock + aftermarket spring eliminate the sway on highway?

Thanks

M

Thanks

M

You might want to explore koni inserts.

Thanks

M

Lower, more compliant, eliminating sway and stock shocks? Not gonna happen. :lol:

Austin2334 is just about to put Koni's in his with Eibach springs. It will be interesting to see what he says. I suspect the Koni's will be pretty good compliance wise with the Eibachs as long as they are set on full soft.

The H&R's I have paired with the Koni's are not what I would consider "compliant" on bad pavement because they are pretty stiff springs and I have the Koni's about half way up on the firm scale to control the springs properly on rebound. Personally this doesn't bother me as I was looking for stiff and firm and our roads here are pretty good.

Edited by GTEASER

Well, the Eibach's aren't much stiffer than a stock '13 setup on the low end of the progressive scale. Pretty sure they start out close to 200 progressing to like less than 300 at max. If it works out with those, I'll bet stockers will be fine. Curious to see how that goes.

I'm running Eibachs too... I'd be very interested too....

I will report back when I get my eibach/koni setup complete. I'm in the northwest so I didn't want too low for snow ski seasons and looking for more responsiveness without being too harsh. I think it will be the perfect setup for me.

I also bought the whiteline rear camber adjustment bushings to hopefully get just enough back in the rear without going control arms. We will see:)

^^^ It's going to be a LOT better than what you have now. The spring/koni combo makes little difference as you can dial the konis to what you want. It is a great all around shock to go with any spring IMUHO.

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

Lower, more compliant, eliminating sway and stock shocks? Not gonna happen. :lol:

Austin2334 is just about to put Koni's in his with Eibach springs. It will be interesting to see what he says. I suspect the Koni's will be pretty good compliance wise with the Eibachs as long as they are set on full soft.

The H&R's I have paired with the Koni's are not what I would consider "compliant" on bad pavement because they are pretty stiff springs and I have the Koni's about half way up on the firm scale to control the springs properly on rebound. Personally this doesn't bother me as I was looking for stiff and firm and our roads here are pretty good.

Lower is not a must have but a nicer ride would be. Not floaty boaty like stock but not quite rce black / bilstein combo.

Dont get me wrong I love the rce blacks and bilstein setup when on good quality roads. Its just that I'm not on those a lot.

I dont mind stiff but if loads are not perfect this combo I currently have is is rough ....

Bumps make your head bounce of the headrest with unbelievable skill especially when its cold. Speaking of bouncing there is too much of it. Passengers can't text on their phones LOL!

What causes the swaying at highway speeds? Shocks or springs or both?

Czesc Michal! Tu drugi Michal.

I agree with your observations on the RCE blacks / Bilstein shock combo.

All the way to the 'passengers can't text' finding, which for me is a big plus.

No SMS/MMSing, no FB, no Twitter, no web browsing. Because racerar.

Listen to my hogxhaust at WOT and during downshift throttle blips damn'it! :)

Micha3l:

I am very comfortable with the RCE tarmac zeros. This setup is stiffer than the RCE black/koni combo I had on my 2.5i, but I find it quite compliant. Now, I can't take it rallying, but it does just fine over all tarmac surfaces.

The OEM springs are too soft and allow the rear to sag easily. These springs are 340#. Even the RCE Blacks reduced a lot of the sag. 240#??? can't remember.

I like the fact that I can fill up the trunk and I don't look like I'm driving a low rider.

113542.thumb.jpg.ad01025d440a81df65d3a4027f2431c8.jpg

113550.thumb.jpg.fd6291634f10f6f540a3692184cd036e.jpg

Edited by fredrik94087

Micha3l:

I am very comfortable with the RCE tarmac zeros. This setup is stiffer than the RCE black/koni combo I had on my 2.5i, but I find it quite compliant. Now, I can't take it rallying, but it does just fine over all tarmac surfaces.

The OEM springs are too soft and allow the rear to sag easily. These springs are 340#. Even the RCE Blacks reduced a lot of the sag. 240#??? can't remember.

I like the fact that I can fill up the trunk and I don't look like I'm driving a low rider.

Looks like you need a wash😉

Looks like you need a wash😉

Shrek does not take a bath until the dealer does it as a free service. I only wash the windows at every fill-up.

Only Betsy took regular baths.

Cheers!