LegacyGT.com

have a question of which fmic is best

Arielgt93

This ought to be interesting.

Before you let this get out of hand I highly suggest you define better. Some of us think cheap is better. Some of us think the best quality is better. Some of us want something in the middle.

What are you looking for exactly, what turbo are you planning to run and how much power do you think you want?

Well that's true I should of put more information. I'm not looking for the most expensive nor the cheapest more like in the middle and power I'm building just how I want my dream car to be, to have, to look. Im not looking for the strongest, strongest power, I'm not going to take it to the track, just a tune when I get it installed. Also, I'm not trying to be cool by putting a fmic really I'm just trying to really build my legacy the way I pictured in my mind, I'm not trying to be the coolest or fastest car in my area just building my car.

ETS cause they are wiked expensive right !? i went with a FMS kit, one of the things they did make right and performs well on the dyno

I like my ETS FMIC. Fitment is dead on.

276hp/347tq On a DynoJet

Dyno Video - Had a big lean spot as you can tell in the second pull

depends on your ultimate goals...tmic i would suggest if you just want something to provide some more room and longevity over the oem. I went FMIC cause A) Love the look of it B) I plan on keeping the car and building a motor C) more options with turbo's for when i do turn this into a project

Well truly my ultimate goal is to make my car look and perform good but it's like exactly the same as your points: I like the look of it, I worked hard for the car I'm keeping it, and lastly I was planning to later on rebuild or buy another motor but rebuild it new everything and especially turbo. My idea was the fms fmic, but I heard you had to remove the overflow coolant tank, just wanted to know if that's true?

Did you know that FMIC in TMIC cars require more maintenance to prevent wear and boost leaks? When I went FMIC I started carrying a tool kit.

Same here. 10mm socket/ratchet/extension at all times.

I had a coupling pop off a pipe on the way to work a few weeks back. The car died, I pulled onto the shoulder of the interstate, opened hood, tightened clamp, boom fixed. I then launched the car from the shoulder to do a leak check :lol:

Wasn't even late to work :D

lol

10mm deep socket and shorty rachet? Must be RacerX. Honestly, I owe Bryan a 10mm deep socket and shorty rachet. I am pretty sure its been sitting in my LGT somewhere from install for a couple of years now. :lol:

Gotta make sure that socket is deep enough to fit of the clamp.

Archived