LegacyGT.com

Sts turbo for n/a legacy

hey guys have you all ever heard of the squires turbo system? this is a remote mount system that is placed in the rear, the turbos take the place where the mufflers are. this system requires no intercooler since there is no heat build up in the rear of the car. you can either put a single turbo or a twin turbo on the car. i think this system is a better alternative than the avo turbo kit. its half the price of avo. tell me what you guys think. http://www.ststurbo.com/universal_turbo_systems

hey guys have you all ever heard of the squires turbo system? this is a remote mount system that is placed in the rear, the turbos take the place where the mufflers are. this system requires no intercooler since there is no heat build up in the rear of the car. you can either put a single turbo or a twin turbo on the car. i think this system is a better alternative than the avo turbo kit. its half the price of avo. tell me what you guys think. http://www.ststurbo.com/universal_turbo_systems

I think the issue with our cars is the tuning not so much the kit. Any turbo kit will work as long as it is tuned right for our cars. ANd you keep the boost down around 5-7 lbs

personally i would go with AVO f i was going to go the turbo route. given AVO's reputation in the subaru community and overall experience it has with aftermarket performance systems and parts, it just makes more sense. i've never even heard of STS until you posted that link and i have skepticism over that type of turbo setup, what other car out there uses something like that reliably?

personally i would go with AVO f i was going to go the turbo route. given AVO's reputation in the subaru community and overall experience it has with aftermarket performance systems and parts, it just makes more sense. i've never even heard of STS until you posted that link and i have skepticism over that type of turbo setup, what other car out there uses something like that reliably?

Corvette Zo6 runs this kits only its the the Twin Turbo kit and they are custom building 50 twin Turbo STS Corvettes so someone must trust them I have seen this kit in person on a Camaro and a Integra so i think the company is legit the only question i have is the tuning aspect BUT any good tuner could tune for this kit so that really isnt a issue plus it is literally 1/2 the price of the AVO kits and you dont have to mod the manifold

I emailed the company and hopefully they will either email me back or in the best case they will come on the forum and give us more information.

i was going to email them yesterday but i never got around to it. thanks, i was a little skeptic about this system as well until i saw their website and jay leno was on there if he trusts them then theyre def. legit. and when i saw the hp numbers on other cars. i think the sound is incredible! the only downside i see in this kit is water issues being that it is mounted in the rear where th mufflers are. i guess u could build some kind of splash shield. i like the fact that there is virtually no lag time.

i was going to email them yesterday but i never got around to it. thanks, i was a little skeptic about this system as well until i saw their website and jay leno was on there if he trusts them then theyre def. legit. and when i saw the hp numbers on other cars. i think the sound is incredible! the only downside i see in this kit is water issues being that it is mounted in the rear where th mufflers are. i guess u could build some kind of splash shield. i like the fact that there is virtually no lag time.

Yeah you can def fab up a splash guard and use a turbo blanket to protect the hotside of the turbo but the other issue I see is where to mount this on our car the only place would be in the rear in place of a muffler :eek: and then go single exhaust. But this kits seems nice overall and it sounds very good

these kits are awesome my buddy has one on his t/a ws6. Only negatives he kept blowing the oil return line for awhile, forget what he did to fix it, and he keeps blowing his rear out. But it was well worth it, the sound is crazy because of the external wastegate spools fairly early compared to my LGT.

These kits are literally a bolt on turbo didnt take us that long to put it on at all. Hope ya guys can get a kit to work out.

these kits are awesome my buddy has one on his t/a ws6. Only negatives he kept blowing the oil return line for awhile, forget what he did to fix it, and he keeps blowing his rear out. But it was well worth it, the sound is crazy because of the external wastegate spools fairly early compared to my LGT.

These kits are literally a bolt on turbo didnt take us that long to put it on at all. Hope ya guys can get a kit to work out.

the oil line I would def beef up to A/N fitting and run it to a oil sump of sorts so as to always have a supply on tap. I also am a little scared of that oil pump failing

What keeps you from using the stock hardware from a turbo 2.5? It's got to be both cheaper and easier to install, leaving you with the same tuning dilemma you had with the STS solution.

:icon_idea

the only thing keeping us from using junked EJ255 parts are our Cross member everything else would work fine. You make a good point why not use what is out there I guess we all could to a degree but like stated we wold need the right tune

i dont think it would be cheaper to use parts from a used gt. u have to buy the turbo, the intercooler, the header, then you would have to buy a gt hood cause its a top mount IC. then you would have to go through all the hassle just trying to find all those parts. i still think its a better alternative..

i dont think it would be cheaper to use parts from a used gt. u have to buy the turbo, the intercooler, the header, then you would have to buy a gt hood cause its a top mount IC. then you would have to go through all the hassle just trying to find all those parts. i still think its a better alternative..

Well now hold on hold on :):p a header for a EJ255 is easy to find and cheap ( ebay junkyard member classifieds) a used VF40 or VF 46 isnt terribly expensive, and UP is easy to find used, the FMIC is the most pricey part I would assume, then is the matter of do you run the Turbo stand alone or will there be a way to tune the stock ECU to recognize the different MAF voltage table reading, AFR, and timing adjustment ( retarding or advancing ) I think you have a great idea btw it would def be a ONE OFF car and you could tell every hater to STFU or eat it or blow me etc etc :lol: Not to mention spool from the rear

i wonder if STS will let you send your ECU to them to get flashed? ill just email them today to see what they for tuning issues.

Good idea I remember reading a post on NASIOC about the biggest hurdle for turbo-ing a non turbo car is the MAF issues and AFR and Timing under boost. the MAF voltages are a simple scaling the AFR and timing not so much

this is interesting, but by mounting the turbo in the rear near the muffler how is that going to increase your power? anything "universal" sounds risky to begin with but that seems like it doesn't do much at all, the point of the turbo being mounted to the engine is to force more air into the engine, this is generating more air/power as it is exiting the car and with our cars being a dual exhaust, you would probably have to go twin turbo if you were to buy this, I'm confused by how this thing works

there is a video of a camaro ss getting this turbo system installed on two guys garage. this system works just like any other turbo system. when you start your engine pressure is applied and spools the turbo doesnt matter if its mounted in the engine bay or in the rear. pressure is pressure. the benefits of this system is that its cheaper than the kit from avo, and it requires no intercooler because there is no heat build up in the rear of the car. here is the link to the install on the camaro ss: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnFA93_U9hY]YouTube - STS Turbo on 2 Guys Garage[/ame]

sts will do the sizing of the turbo for you. they will only put the turbo on your car that your motor is capable of handling.

I read that aspect on the site, if you get enough info on the kit and decide to pull the trigger you may open up a door for a lots of guys not willing to shell out $4K for the other one

It also doesnt have to be mounted in the rear. When I used to own a maxima a guy mounted it in the middle. Called it a mid mount simply. Never got finished because he blew his tranny though.

Id assume that you would use the same turbo back there as you would in the front espically if your only running 5-7psi. Figure running that little amout of boost any properly sized turbo wont be in its efficency range anyway.

For tuning, i dont know this since not na, but can you guys run romrader? I mean if you were doing a STOCK conversion (maf sensor, injectors, all the goodies that are different) wouldnt you just be able to copy the exact map of a stock LGT and transfer it over?

Honestly though the cheapest thing to do would be to just go out and get an LGT and search craiglist for a beater like $500 car nothing more. Register the LGT as a pleasure car thats not daily driver. My insurance went down from 1400/6month to 800 with both cars. (22, full coverage, own plan)

there is a video of a camaro ss getting this turbo system installed on two guys garage. this system works just like any other turbo system. when you start your engine pressure is applied and spools the turbo doesnt matter if its mounted in the engine bay or in the rear. pressure is pressure. the benefits of this system is that its cheaper than the kit from avo, and it requires no intercooler because there is no heat build up in the rear of the car. here is the link to the install on the camaro ss: YouTube - STS Turbo on 2 Guys Garage

The system requires no intercooler because the boost pressure is so low. These kits typically run less tha 6 psi of boost. You get heat in the air from compressing it, not because it is near the heat of the engine.

Archived