LegacyGT.com

up and down pipes

monstorr

I can't really find anything online so maybe i can get everyones input, Im planning on getting a catless down and uppipe and can't figure out the differences with each vendor.Like which are good which are bad whatever. Currently the car has a stock uppipe and a cobb dp.

Keep your Cobb down. There's no significant value to going catless if you already have an aftermarket downpipe. The major restriction has already been removed in going to a full bellmouth design and the Cobb has a high flow cat, which isn't too restrictive. Catless at this point would not gain you more than 5HP and probably closer to 1-2HP. It's not worth the cost and effort to switch. Besides, catted is better for the environment.

Now the stock uppipe on the other hand is a problem; the cat is a threat to the turbo. Swap that bugger out. Used sti uppipe is cheapest most reliable option. Search here or nasioc. Other than that, it's personal preference on solid vs flex. I got the Cobb solid catless up and a Cobb catted down for my stage 2 setup.

Enjoy!

I have a feeling OP bought the car used with this stuff on there already. Are you SURE the UP you have on there has a cat in it, or did the previous owner swap it with an STI catless one, or maybe gut it? Most people that have done the DP have also already done the UP.

I hope you're tuned. Do some reading on forum, there's plenty of info here.

Are up and/or down pipes needed on a JDM? Or are stock different than USDM and sufficient enough for going to stage 2? From tuners here in NZL none mention up or down pipes for stage 2. Some say only a tune, some say tune + wideband.

???

Archived