twisted

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

A leak. It's been drippin' ever since I bought it back in August. -Maybe a few drops every night, not even enough to call a spot. I cleaned it up & put some dye in it. Than, put it up on the lift & hit it w/ the blacklight & seen nothing!

Power steering rack/joint/rubber boot/w/e has a small leak, but man I can't imagine all that liquid is coming from there. -Sure I'm a bit low on power steering, but wow, it's been leaking for the past how many months. You'd think I'd be dry now if it were all coming from there.

I have a long-er commute each day & by the time I reach my destination, you can def. smell somethings hott & it smokes right around my UP area. -Brand new turbo also. My Return has a small leak coming down it (clamps kind of worn), but nothing to be worried.

I am guessing it's just a power steering issue, or at least hoping. Engines are not my critique so I'm just looking for someone local. -No shops around here will touch it.

Oil leaks and your turbo are generally not a good thing to simply tolerate.

There are several shops up here that can take a look for you if you want to make a day of it. Otherwise like I said, hit up mnsubaru.com and ask people who they're using down there. There are ore scoobs around than you think... ;)

It's just a minor drip down the return. -Ha, the clamps weren't very "clampy" anymore. I'd take it off again, but it's snowing & the skiddy is in the shop.

RS shot me a message a while back. I may hit them up, but if it really is just a power steering issue than I'd rather have it done by a local around here. I just hit up MNSubaru, but the administrator is taking a while to confirm my account.

I seen an older wagon on my way to class today:) -First Scooby spotted this semester

Yeah, it's weird. -RS Motors has a "bad rep" down here. One of the locals had his civic (..ha) up on the Dyno & he said they blew it up. Anyways, he told everyone & now every person I talk to from New Ulm To Kato (lol whopping 25 miles) notes to not go to RS.

I messaged RS about the dilema & I guess Dan (guy W/ the Civic) actually lied about the incident? -Ha, next time I see him I'm going to have to ask him what really went on.

Yeah, it's weird. -RS Motors has a "bad rep" down here. One of the locals had his civic (..ha) up on the Dyno & he said they blew it up. Anyways, he told everyone & now every person I talk to from New Ulm To Kato (lol whopping 25 miles) notes to not go to RS.

I messaged RS about the dilema & I guess Dan (guy W/ the Civic) actually lied about the incident? -Ha, next time I see him I'm going to have to ask him what really went on.

If it's who I think it is, there is a rather long thread detailing the whole thing on MNS. When it comes down to it, the people "confronting" RS about it are unable to provide accurate, reliable first hand information. It's always "a friend" and there always something a bit vague about the timeline.

Morries Minnetonka is usually noted for being one of the best dealers in the area if you want something "safer". There are a couple MNS members in parts/service. Generally speaking, if your dealership had to order something, they probably ordered it through Morries Mntka.

Of course, if it were me and I was going to make a trip up here to identify a minor mechanical issue, afterwards I would be seriously tempted to let Nuke (of NF performance) tinker with it, then bring it over to Jeff Forss for an alignment. If I did that, I know I would have a fun ride home.

Edited by SurlyOldManMN

Samaritan Tire in minnetonka is a lowered/modded friendly shop.

I think they are also in the process of working a discount out for mnsubaru.

I could suck start a snow blower.

If it's who I think it is? > Dan Horner cough cough...

Just realized you said it was a civic. Different guy.

There's always someone who thinks a certain shop blew their car. Odds are SOMEONE is going to blow it on any given shop's dyno. It is going to happen. It probably isn't going to be the shop's fault, the car owner will probably disagree.

I don't put much stock into those stories unless there is a lot of detail and the shop has had a chance to respond.

Samaritan Tire in minnetonka is a lowered/modded friendly shop.

I think they are also in the process of working a discount out for mnsubaru.

I have used Samaritan for three sets of tires and a couple flat repairs. Good shop and I highly recommend them.

It is still ugly.

^I seen that:) -Wana trade transmissions? Ha, I bet it'd sell faster (to the public) if it were an auto

Great idea! You sell your auto car and buy mine :)

You're right though...I don't think the general public has too much interest in my car. It'll have to be someone who knows what they are after.

I would ...but my engine only has 20k on it.....

Put it back to OEM & sell all the aftermarket parts to me lol. -I am willing to bet you will still get your asking price W/ OEM parts & you'll make some additional cash:)

• 2 months later...