LegacyGT.com

Just incase I do something exciting with this car, I figured I should start a build thread.

What I'm starting with:

2008 QSM Legacy GT SpecB with 96,000 miles.

It came with:

Suspension:

Epic Springs

Whiteline 22mm rear anti-swaybar

AVO rear reinforced plates

Kartboy endlinks

Stock wheels with Continental DWS

(didn't come with the Prodrive/Sumitomos :( )

Engine:

Cobb catted DP

Cobb heat shield

AVO intercooler Now with AVO Throttle Tube

Cobb AP v3

Cryotune "conservative"

Now:

IAG Stage 1 Block

Air Pump Delete

New VF46

IAG AOS

4 x Subaru coil packs

Invidia Q300

Body:

Blacked out grill pending JDM Honeycomb Grill

Seahawks emblem

Little lip along the trunk.

All lights, except for the headlights, replaced with LEDs

Pending Rally Armor URs

Interior:

All lights replaced with LEDs

PIA recommend service from inspection:

Clutch Now done with new Exedy regular 6 speed clutch

Differential seal

Timing belt Now done with OEM timing belt stuff

Front end links Now done with the Moog end links

Brakes Pending with Centric rotors and Project Mu pads

Planned Mods:

JmP! Next time it'll be Wild!

All the stock parts that this owner upgraded from, were included. Except for maybe the TMIC. Also included were a few jugs of oil, RA mudflaps, as well as some other bits and parts.

http://legacygt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=227933&d=1460171495

SC

1994 Legacy MI

2008 Legacy GT specB

2023 Crosstrek Limited

Subbing for another Spec B in the general area.

Thanks! Hopefully there will be something here to entertain you!

Clean spec. B, and neat LP cover. Aerodynamic :cool:

It's nice and clean! Not so much a fan of the LP cover though.

Nice find!

If you need any parts, or looking at another tune let us know!

-Brian

With Cryo getting out of the eTune business, and not wanting to give me any specifics about the tune, a new tune might be in the cards next year.

This car is so different from the 94, I feel like I don't know how to drive anymore! :icon_frow I need to spend some more time :rtfm:

SC

1994 Legacy MI

2008 Legacy GT specB

2023 Crosstrek Limited

Never seen one like it! You might lose .01MPG, but it might look better with an OEM setup:

http://subaruonlineparts.com/subaru-legacy-front-license-plate-bracket-p-2628.html

http://subaruonlineparts.com/subaru-legacy-slim-line-license-plate-frame-black-p-2656.html

Or you could go the GS off-center route.

LW's spec. B / YT / IG

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I think I've picked an arbitrary number for my target whp. That target is 200, so with the expected 25% drive train loss, I would need to target 270 chp.

With our cars theoretically coming with 245-ish chp, and the few mods that are there, what would be a good way to go towards that target?

Perhaps the first thing that might be coming will be cat back, or axel back, exhaust. I just have to listen to 3.14 million YouTube clips to compare exhaust notes.

I was just playing with the AP and noticed it can generate a virtual dyno, but I haven't made any runs yet to see where I'm at.

SC

1994 Legacy MI

2008 Legacy GT specB

2023 Crosstrek Limited

LGT's have made over 200WHP in stock trim. The crank numbers are notoriously low for both our cars and the 2.5 WRX, so you're probably already there on most dynos.

At the end of the day, numbers are arbitrary. A dyno can be made to read however you want it to. If anything, have a tangible goal, like running a 12 second quarter mile, or accelerating from 40-100MPH under 10 seconds, or whatever it is.

LW's spec. B / YT / IG

With Cryo getting out of the eTune business, and not wanting to give me any specifics about the tune, a new tune might be in the cards next year.

This car is so different from the 94, I feel like I don't know how to drive anymore! :icon_frow I need to spend some more time :rtfm:

SC

You'll want a new tune with your JmP'ed VF46 tho, to get the most out of it. Unless you're staying with a stock turbine/compressor which frankly I don't see the point of that:) Also like LW said, you're almost certainly over 200whp already with a solid Stage 2 setup like that.

I put something here like all the cool people, except there's nothing cool to put here.

SC

Hey there,

I am happy to answer questions about the tune if needed? I think you may have been the one that messaged me via email about buying a car we had tuned. Did you not get my response email? If not shoot me another and I'm happy to help but most tunes we perform are always to find where the car is happy.

Thanks!

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com

facebook.com/cryotuneperformance.

Yes, I did get your reply, but it seemed to not provide any information other than you don't do tunes that are going to push the envelop. Which is fine with me.

I'll send another email shortly...

SC

1994 Legacy MI

2008 Legacy GT specB

2023 Crosstrek Limited

• 5 months later...

After all the frustration with uncooperative weather, last minute parts delays, bolts that dropped into the Twilight Zone, it's come down to tonight!

Hopefully burping will go smoothly!

SC

smithcraft68-20160930-0001.thumb.jpg.9f094fb501d33af1bdb59bb6ce4a8cf7.jpg

1994 Legacy MI

2008 Legacy GT specB

2023 Crosstrek Limited

looking good! Hope everything goes smoothly for ya. Again sorry for the confusion when you emailed the first time, hope we made up for it in the second email as customer service is our #1 priority. btw let me know if I can help with anything else and we are back to offering services due to some business changes but either way ENJOY!

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

We are, we changed a few things to allow better overall service while maintaining control of the quantity of customers at one time but otherwise we are back to offering the same quality service we have for years

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

While brakes are certainly an important item right now, a set of SSR Type C RS (Gun Metal/darkish gray) wheels has come up! They come with some tires that are a bit on the small side, but a set of Type Cs!

I just have to convince myself that the clutch and timing belt will be good for a few more months!

SC

1994 Legacy MI

2008 Legacy GT specB

2023 Crosstrek Limited

Those sound like original SSR Competitions. Had them on my '00 2.5RS, then on my '02 bugeye WRX, and a few different sets on my LGT. Nice choice! :)

Are you considering powder coat? I'd just go with a re-paint, if possible. SSR Comps and Type-C's are semi-solid forged, baking them in the oven can make them brittle.

LW's spec. B / YT / IG

Archived