LegacyGT.com

Need help bad!

corz24

My father had a heart attack this morning and its not looking very good. He was in the middle of fixing my legacy and well looks like its not going to get done. Im looking for anyone in the southeastern PA Lancaster Co. Area that could possibably help me get my car back together! The Engine and trans are out. I need someone that is good with subarus and mabye has done this a few times!!

Any and all help is appreciated!!

BMB has a point here - Spend time with your family while you can, worry about the car later. Thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

However on the flip side maybe the deflection is a way of coping with the issue. Either way, not the time to worry about a car problem. Family comes first.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Oh i will be spending time with family but because i live in another state all this does is make matters worse. Im throwing this out now so that i can arrange something for a later date. Im not trying to do this this weekend. Im just asking for help!! Im in a shitty situation and could use a little help!

My father had a heart attack this morning and its not looking very good. He was in the middle of fixing my legacy and well looks like its not going to get done. Im looking for anyone in the southeastern PA Lancaster Co. Area that could possibably help me get my car back together! The Engine and trans are out. I need someone that is good with subarus and mabye has done this a few times!!

Any and all help is appreciated!!

AZT installs is in NJ (I know its not PA, but its close than Tenn). Look on this forum section for builders who can take over the job for you.

Thank you for the info. Im more so looking for someone that is a DIY kinda guy and could possibly come to my parents house to help me finish it. I have all tools and everything needed to finish it. Just need someone with the knowledge to help finish!

He pulled the engine and trans to find out why i only had 1st gear. Split the trans case and found a broke shift fork. Got new one and has everything back together. The trans is ready to mate back with engine and go in. Compsurge hes not doing well, the type of stroke this was is not something they can fix or do anything about.

That's terrible. I'm really sorry to hear that about your father :(. Spend time with him and don't worry too much about the car. Is there a specific reason you need to be back in TN (work, school)? I would find it hard for a school/employer to be heartless enough to force you back there when you need to be with your family.

Less importantly, the good news is that you're not in an impossible situation with the car. Don't worry too much about this though. I understand you have to return back to TN at some point. When would you need to get back there? If you have one other helper, you can knock the install out in a few hours. I assume you have access to an engine lift. While the car is down, have you inspected the throwout bearing slide for signs of wear? You may need to install a TSK3, reasons here. How much mileage is on your clutch?

It is not my employer being heartless. Its me making sure i can live. I need to be back to work so that i can pay my bills along with taking on a few new ones now. I may sound like im being heartless but i need to be back working till the funeral which could be another week or 2.

You are absolutly right this job wont take but a day or so. I did not check the throw out bearnig this time as when just the motor was out year or so ago for what we thought was main seal leak. We replaced throw out and while we were in there i had fly wheel resurfaced and replaced clutch. Mostly for shits and giggles. My car has 90k on it. No not new motor or anything just this car was owned by an old man and it was his winter car. He Bought it at local dealership and im 2nd owner. I got it with just under 47k on it. What is a TSK3??

• 3 weeks later...
  • I Donated

How soon does this need to get done? Got another way to get to work in the meantime? I'm at least within easy driving distance, have the experience, and if it can wait until March, I work at a school and have spring break so I have off for a week then. Depending on how much work there is, I could probably get it done in a weekend if I had to, though.

You said everything is ready to go back in? What tools are there? Engine hoist? Transmission jack? Air tools? Hoist is 100% necessary, the others I can work around.

Archived