LegacyGT.com

Is this anyone's old car?

motorhead87

Thinking about driving 5 hours for this car but want to get more info...the dealership doesn't know much. From what I can tell in the pictures it has an exhaust that doesn't line up, it is lowered, aftermarket TMIC looks like perrin, good looking wheels not sure the brand, nasty tear in the front seat...

Anyone know anything else about this, recognize it etc? Thanks!!

don't pay more than 5 grand for that car. looks like a POS.

both seats torn.

shitty exhaust.

sunroof leak.

carpets all stained up.

judging by the amount of wheel weights the wheels are probably bent, but then again they're cheap wheels.

I'm betting the 105k service wasn't done either.

watching the video its says its automatic when its clearly a 5 speed, I would steer far away from that car... Car was probably beat on a bunch considering that the exhaust is ghetto rigged or bent, not to mention the huge ass cut in seat, seems owner didn't even care about the car.

Now that wagon on the other hand, dunno... wait till they detail it for REAL pictures. But I'm sucker for wagons so it already wins in my book over that one above, hah.

Ok...this seems like a good deal, I've been talking with the seller a bunch. 1 owner, completely stock, maintenance records etc. I'm considering flying over this weekend to get it, what would price should I offer? http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/4022996695.html

Edit, What questions should I ask the guy before I buy my ticket to fly out! I know its in good cosmetic condition, and mechanically sounds like it has been babied. Questions I'm planning to ask tomorrow

-CV axle condition

-tire/brake condition

-last oil change

What else? Only concern is I drive a lot and this already has quite a few miles...

That silver wagon looks pretty nice. If it checked out 100% mechanically it wouldn't be a bad deal.

I'd avoid that black sedan, there are much better deals to be had.

You need to be careful buying a used lgt. A lot of them were abused, especially the ones that were traded in. At least with a private seller you can feel them out and hopefully get the true story behind the car.

I'd highly recommend getting one with black leather interior. The tan interior always looks dirty and is much less desirable with the lgt crowd.

I'd consider that silver wagon. I'd grill the owner about engine/turbo condition. If that car still has its factory turbo, it may need replacing in the near future. Ask how much oil it burns and how often it was changed and what type of oil he's using. The first thing I'd do is check the dip stick. If the oil level is not at the top hole on the dip stick or damn near close, I'd be concerned.

The wagon's are much more rare so in the long run an 05' wagon should hold its value better than an 05' sedan.

Alright it's official. Plane ticket purchased, flying out to pick up the car this weekend!

It will be a fun drive home getting to know my new baby. I'm putting a lot of trust that this car is up for a road trip. Granted I will give it one heck of an inspection before handing over the $$!

Archived