LegacyGT.com

turning off security Help!

I have a 97 outback and have only had it a couple of weeks. I disconnected the battery today to replace the spark plugs. The 4 ways are flashing but I have have no siren or horn flashig. Theyellow tag under the hood says to turn the key tothe run position and push the button near the control module for one second. I CAN NOT FIND THE BUTTON! I've also unlocked the doors like the owners manual says and cannot get the flashers to stop!

it's near the drivers door under the dashboard

http://www.cars101.com/subaru/codealarmremote1.JPG

If you have keyless entry, you can just hit unlock, i believe. Otherwise, you can buy the remote off ebay for ~$20, that's what i ended up doing

I think mine has been messed with. There is no button. I got it to turn off by unlugging two 10 amp fuses in going to the controll module. Next time I'll try some of these other methods. I don't know what the po has done with it or where the keylesss entry thing is. I was thinking as I was laying in the floorboard with a flashlight on my back this has got to be missing a button. I could just see a woman in a dress doing this!

Archived