LegacyGT.com

Anyone have a trunk lid?

I walked out of my hotel room last week and my jaw dropped to the ground as I noticed that the trunk of my 2006 spec b had been keyed.

After washing and using meguier's scratch X and buffing and waxing it isn't easily noticeable but it is still there. Most people would probalby just live with it but I can't stand dings, dents, or scratches.

Like many of us on this forum I'm the type that parks 800 feet away from the store just to avoid the people who throw their car doors open with no regard for other people's property. I think there should be stiffer penalties for door dingers.

Anyway, I have this problem tod eal with. I got two estimates and the lower one was 450. Sure I don't want to throw away 450 dollars to get my car back to the way it was the day before but I also dont' want to be out a car for 4 days.

With prepping and drying times for paint and clear coat on the trunk they said it would be 3 to 4 days.

Instead I was hoping to find a used trunk lid that I could purchase, borrow, or rent for 4 days while mine is being worked on in the shop.

If anyone has a legacy trunk or knows someone who might please let me know.

THANKS!

Your location would be helpful.

Nahhh,

I'd be willing to meet you just about anywhere to pick up.:lol:

I'm just throwing this out there as an idea I'm not optimistic that I'll find something.

I live in Northern California.

THANKS!

Saran Wrap FTW!

Sorry to hear about that. Somebody keyed a huge circle on the hood of my last car. I tried to fix it myself by filling it in with touch-up paint, wet sanding, and then polishing. It looked worse when I was done with it. Good luck.

Have you asked the dealer what you could order a brand new one for. I have a feeling it wont be much more than the paint job. You should be able to order it in your color, even if it is a spec bee.

Just my two cents, I recall my salesman saying he ordered a seperate trunk lid (in the right color) for his STI because he didnt want the spoiler nor the holes it would have left when removed.

This is not my beautiful car.

If you order a new trunk lid from the dealer it comes unpainted for $360 then you have to add the cost of painting + labor to exchange the trunks. Did you ask your insurance company if you could claim it under your comprehensive insurance?

If you order a new trunk lid from the dealer it comes unpainted for $360 then you have to add the cost of painting + labor to exchange the trunks. Did you ask your insurance company if you could claim it under your comprehensive insurance?

:whore: Your insurance should cover it, minus your deductable of course. Unless you're driving around a nice new car without comprehensive, that is :eek:

• 1 year later...

Yeah insurance should cover it...that sounds good... why didn't I think of that....

If insurance gave me the money then I could try ordering the new one from the dealer.

The money isn't the only issue. I was trying to avoid giving up my car for 4 days.

If I got a new or borrowed trunk lid then I can avoid that.

Removing and installing shouldn't be too difficult a job.... ???

Here's a sobering thought:

It's a car... live with it.

Nice idea...I thought about that one for a while....

but you know what... it's when you start saying that every time something happens then before you know it 5 years have gone buy and you're driving a complete peice of trash because you just let it get damaged time and time again without caring to repair it... those cars on the road are an eye sore and I stay clear of them....

Just be glad it's the trunk lid at least it can be fixed without two-toning your whole car.

If you turn it into your insurance and it costs less than your deductible to fix you will still pay for it all, but it still counts as a claim and your rates will go up. If it costs less than your deduc. just pay out of pocket and don't report it.

Let's kick this pig!

...but it still counts as a claim and your rates will go up...

Vandalism claims fall under comprehensive coverage, not collision coverage. A vandalism claim is not considered your fault and will not raise your rates.

enough zip ties and duct tape will fix anything.

Vandalism claims fall under comprehensive coverage, not collision coverage. A vandalism claim is not considered your fault and will not raise your rates.

You're right, but it also depends on the laws in your state. Some insurance companies are trying to raise rates based on comprehensive claims, as well, and some states are letting them. If your company tries to do that, definitely check into your rights in your state.

Ich bin echt viel netter, wenn ich nuechtern bin. Echt!

Nice idea...I thought about that one for a while....

but you know what... it's when you start saying that every time something happens then before you know it 5 years have gone buy and you're driving a complete peice of trash because you just let it get damaged time and time again without caring to repair it... those cars on the road are an eye sore and I stay clear of them....

+1

But I would like to add. To each their own. I have a particularly low threshhold for damage to my car. Anything above the rock chips in our weak sauce paint gets fixed.

1. I say public flogging is fair and equitable for keying one's car as long as the owner did nothing to precipitate the event (sleep with wife's friend, etc.)

2. I have been agonizing over my own car. I fixed the first 4 door dings the week they happened. then God showed me how to prioritize my life by providing a downpour that washed acorns out of a 50' oak tree. Now I have 30+ dings in the roof of my car. Funny thing is the hood and trunk have none?

Haven't decided how to deal with that yet.....

Vir Est Fatum Ut Perficio Concepta Suus Progenies. - Man is destined to fulfill the capacity of his lineage (i.e. Darwinism):rolleyes:

1. I say public flogging is fair and equitable for keying one's car as long as the owner did nothing to precipitate the event (sleep with wife's friend, etc.)

2. I have been agonizing over my own car. I fixed the first 4 door dings the week they happened. then God showed me how to prioritize my life by providing a downpour that washed acorns out of a 50' oak tree. Now I have 30+ dings in the roof of my car. Funny thing is the hood and trunk have none?

Haven't decided how to deal with that yet.....

Favorite quote of the year!!! NICE!

Yeah so far I've prevented all door dings... I park at least 1/2 mile from the entrance to whatever store building or house I'm visiting.

Sure it's a pain but I get exercise and I never park next to anyone.

If I go to a mall or grocery store I spend 10 minutes or so in the parking lot taking all the grocery karts in.... peope must think I'm crazy....

yeah esimates range from $450 to $600.

Just repainte the trunk bascially....

Deductable is 500... no point in messing with it....

So bascially because some punks outside my hotel room were jacking off I'll have to put my hard earned cash out the window just to have a car look like it did the day I got it....

Don't you just love how fair life is....

Sad part is my dad was staying in the same hotel and heard some people outside late at night and thought about calling the front desk but eventually he fell asleep... the next morning I was like WHY DIDN"T YOU CALL ME.. I would have definately taken care of it!!!!

Now it cost me $500...and the hotel wouldn't even comp my room....

Archived