LegacyGT.com

Chirping sound when idling...

I have a 06 2.5i and just had the clutch replaced, an hour after driving I noticed a chirping sound when I was idling. If I just barely set my foot on the clutch pedal it goes away... I know the throwout bearing was replaced, anyone have this issue in the past? Any ideas?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

I have a 06 2.5i and just had the clutch replaced, an hour after driving I noticed a chirping sound when I was idling. If I just barely set my foot on the clutch pedal it goes away... I know the throwout bearing was replaced, anyone have this issue in the past? Any ideas?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Take it back to the shop that did the work its chirping there could a be a chance they didnt adjust the clutch pedal travel properly after the re-install. It is a simple adjustment to make on your own but sincce the work is fresh I would take it back and mention it, if they are knowledgeable they should be able to correct it quick.

• 2 weeks later...
Could be as simple as undoing the transmission mount bolts and shifting the trans slightly and re-tightening everything. Also, if that doesn't fix it (and it typically does where clutch chirping is involved), get a small spring, and attach it to the TOB arm and rig it to something close. There's a thread on it. Keyword search "spring, clutch, TOB arm".
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Archived