LegacyGT.com

What'd you do to your FIRST Gen. Subaru today?

I washed it, vacuumed it, prayed over it, armour-alled it, then took it for a 60 mile round-trip voyage in a rainstorm. I took the freakin' rack off the roof...had to plug up the rack holes with putty before the rainstorm, of course. Little steps. :)

Well, "rain" is subjective here in the desert, but the roads still get pretty slick. I've never had AWD vehicles before, so I was pretty impressed, also considering that the brakes in back still need to be changed. It took to the road conditions like a champ. It has small, kinda racey lookin' tires on it, nothing fancy (the tread seems to go in reverse), and no hubcaps yet. All in all, its "virgin voyage" on a 65 mile round trip through town went well! :)

Man, make sure the rotation is facing

the right way on those tires. It should

have an arrow built into the sidewall

or say something of the direction of

the rotation. I'm glad to hear everything

went well though. That's awesome, man :D

I'm going to paint it. I have taken an auto body class at a local high school. It's one night a week. That's where I painted my second gen and I think it turned out great for my first time. It was rear ended and bashed in pretty bad. So I replaced the rear hatch with a GT hatch, swapped on a GT hood, some JDM projectors w/halos, newish 99 OB interior, and just put on new 16" WRX wheels and a Whiteline adjustable rear sway.

I'll sign up again in September. But this time I'll have all of the body work done before the class starts that way I can paint it right away. Then for the rest of the quarter I can have access to the lifts, and whatever other equipment I want to use. It's nice because there is a downdraft paint booth and you can bake your car inside it.

IMG_0974.thumb.jpg.360125a446d360cffa87344bddb788be.jpg

IMG_1070.thumb.jpg.88efcb46810fd0b99806238d4ae54c09.jpg

wagon.thumb.jpg.ac1208db9002807574774318b7896502.jpg

My hatch has been hit before, by the look of it, on the left side, close to tail bumper. The guy tried to bondo it, but didn't do a great job. It was left primer grey, to make matters worse. The plastic "runner" on bumper was also broken, so it is missing a piece. Overall, not the prettiest part of the car. Both rear tail-lights have damage. Anyone have any suggestions for replacing the tail lights? I live on a pretty tight budget (don't we all), and was wondering if junk yards are my only option. The cosmetics are going to have to wait until I address the sloppy shifter and brakes anyway. :) I'd LOVE my car to look even remotely like yours, monkeyposeur! :) Edited by RonniN

BTW, I cannot figure out how to connect photos from my album to the posts. when I want to insert a photo, I'm asked for URL. I went back to my profile, but couldn't find info. I do have an album containing current pics of my car. What'd I miss? Thx. Edited by RonniN

RonniN, I always upload my photos by clicking on 'manage attachments' when I post, so idk.

I painted the front wheels of the SS today. I'll paint the rears tomorrow. I went to the dealership to see if they had a centercap in stock. They didn't, but wanted $40 to order one. So I found one online for $9.99 shipped, lol.

DSCF6722.thumb.jpg.519db3cc18e5a5ecba04fb3c7b98e0ce.jpg

DSCF6725.thumb.jpg.706e5a45f515e90c40f6719bf461fafc.jpg

Duh, I figured it out...shoulda checked this in the first place. Advanced reply has attachment. Anyway, wanted to show rear damage to car, get your perspectives.:confused:

Your wheels look sweet...I'm considering mags. I like the black finish.:)

785903231_SubaruLegacy007.thumb.JPG.5c0e9aa0195e453caa73c23f8ccd145c.JPG

I painted the other two wheels today. I'll post a pic of them installed tomorrow.

I replaced a couple of fuses so the power mirrors now work, and the cigar lighter works. I was trying to figure out how to install a boost gauge and I want to tap into the cigar lighter to power the backlighting. Most boost gauges come with an inline filter to the gauge. I was given mine (Prosport mechanical) but it doesn't have the filter so I need to come up with a solution.

I was thinking that I can just get a larger diameter section of vacuum line and stuff it with some sponge material and use a couple of reducing couplers to attach it to the 5/32" hose. Idk.

I never had a filter on my boost gauge and my autometer boost gauge didn't come with one. My hks evc2 boost controller did come with little inline filters that looked like aquarium air pump filter.

The week Ive been busy on my sleeper swap. I got the turbo rear crossmember installed in one hige piece with the diff, hubs, brakes still attached. I then spent a day rolling my rear fenders which required some cutting. Coilovers got installed and battery got mounted in the trunk. I got about a week before I fire this beast off.just have to wire some relays and a few other things like shift lite, launch control, tach, hook up my gauges and install interior.

I think I found the source of clicking sounds from the rear end on my '91. I don't think I'm supposed to be able to wiggle the bolt I've circled by hand.

http://i.imgur.com/mEpFj.jpg

I'm not really good with suspension work. I thought this was an endlink, but the ones I'm finding are C-shaped, not a straight bolt with some bushings. What am I looking at here?

that is your endlink and in 93 they changed the style to the "C" endlink you can get a 93 legacy rear lateral links and the crappy plastic endlinks for pretty cheap if you go to the junkyard my ss has the same style im just in a lazy mood and dont really want to swap them out lol

Yeah, that's your endlink. Did you try tightening it up? Endlinks are super easy to replace. If you replace it while the suspension is loaded it's easiest. If you want to replace it while the rear is off the ground you can do so, but don't tighten everything up until the wheels are back on the ground and the suspension is loaded.

I got my replacement center cap in the mail today. As soon as I paint it I'll install it and post up some pics of the SS with the new black wheels! :)

I'm still pissed that my brand new turbo inlet elbow is splitting at a PCV nipple! So I am planning out my inlet/coffee can mod.

Your kidding? That elbow I just sold you is cracking? I would just get some plastic epoxy and use masking tape to keep the epoxy in the crack while it cures. I use loctite plastic welder 2 part epoxy(5 minute cure time) I have repaired so many interior pieces using that stuff. You can form a mold with masking tape and just fill it up. When its dry its much stronger than the oem plastic and its easy to grind, sand, paint and fabricate pieces. The stuff is amazing.

Today I did a boat load of wiring. I ran power/ground wires from my aftermarket fuse block(id like to upgrade to a circuitbreaker style) under the hood to my cd player(10ga pwr wire= more power) power/heated sportline recaro seat >=-P (you have no idea how much I love this seat, best 500$ I ever spent). I had to wire relays for the power seat, gauges, shift lite, aem UEGO, and wired a started interlock relay with a diode to bypass the at trans ecu. I've already installed a relay for each the injectors, ignition coilpacks, ECM, fans, and HIDs. So much wiring my brains fried. I also installed an on off switch for the flat shifting(WOT shifting)/ launch control option and I'm also thinking of installing a hidden/security switch for the ECM power supply and another visible switch for the fuel pump. Hopefully tomorrow I will be able to get my oil pressure/boost gauge/and EGT gauge installed with my headunit working. With that done I will be able to fire it up.

Edited by USLiberty

No, the elbow you sold me is perfect! Thanks! The turbo inlet elbow (the soft rubber elbow that connects the turbo inlet to the resonator and air box is what is cracking). Remember, the mice ate yours, lol. I'll get a pic of it in the morning when there is some light.

I can't wait till you get that beast running! I wish you lived up here in SLC so I could see it and bug you to help with my projects.