LegacyGT.com

New Hog-zawst System!!! The sound of power! *with patented washer technology*

So being a new owner, I went to Stage 2 Hogzaust this weekend. And I can say initially I was undecided, I mean I liked the sound, nice and throaty, but then my wife saw and heard the mod, and her comment was, "how old are you?" I then I realized why I was undecided and why I will probably go back to stock. I mean, I am 33 years old, and here I am modding something strictly for sound, no performance gain whatsoever. So for me, call me old, but I really want the performance, not the sound that goes along with it. I'll go buy a geniune turbo-back if I want one. This mod is simply all show, no go for me. Sorry.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So being a new owner, I went to Stage 2 Hogzaust this weekend. And I can say initially I was undecided, I mean I liked the sound, nice and throaty, but then my wife saw and heard the mod, and her comment was, "how old are you?" I then I realized why I was undecided and why I will probably go back to stock. I mean, I am 33 years old, and here I am modding something strictly for sound, no performance gain whatsoever. So for me, call me old, but I really want the performance, not the sound that goes along with it. I'll go buy a geniune turbo-back if I want one. This mod is simply all show, no go for me. Sorry.

I'm 35, and my wife has come around, and she likes it. In fact, she recently asked if I could do something similar for her Mazda 3..

Hoggers - any hints?

HV

I think my wifes problem is that she drives hundreds of miles a day sometimes for a living (sales rep for a pharm company). She likes her cars to be quiet and comfortable for the long haul. Of course though, being my car, I can do anything I want to it. Just when it comes around to a road trip and I want to take the Subie, she is going to want to take her car because it is quieter. I think I may step down to Stage 1 just to see what it sounds like compared to 2. But again, I sure would also prefer to have the extra ponies to back up the sound, otherwise I feel like I'm faking. It's like taking saggy boobs and dressing them up in a wonder bra. The bra comes off, and you wonder what happened.

It's not all show and no go. Any time you reduce backpressure, you increase the potential for performance. The engine is basically an air pump. Reducing the resistance to the air exiting the pump increases the potential volume of air pumped. More airflow = more work accomplished. ...and it sounds nice too.

Okay...went down to stage 1 last night. I'm over my doubts. Sounds just right...I'll keep it for a while.

Going with aftermarket exhaust may give you a more refined sound, but you can't beat the cost of Hogzaust,...

Oh, and, once you buy an aftermarket muffler/cat-back/turbo-back, you're stuck with the sound you've got - you can't make them any quieter. With Hogzaust, you can make it as loud or as soft as you want, and change it to suit your mood.

Change it monthly, weekly, or even daily. Go to stage 3 to impress the local parking lot car show folks, then back down to stage 1 for your daily commute. It's the ultimate in flexibility!

(sheesh, I should be a salesman...) :icon_mrgr

Step right up, get your Hogzaust now! Cures what ails you! Install one Hogzaust mod and you'll be right as rain!

Um, Hogger, can we talk about commission?

(sheesh, I should be a salesman...) :icon_mrgr

Step right up, get your Hogzaust now! Cures what ails you! Install one Hogzaust mod and you'll be right as rain!

Um, Hogger, can we talk about commission?

Yeah, Hog! I say give him a full 15% sales commission! On a 10-cent washer, that 1.5 cents will add up fast! After he sells 100 washers, he can buy a hot dog!

Oh, wait....Hogmeat might be offended if someone eats pork. Make that an all-beef hot dog!

Guest Gitster
[ATTACH]32483[/ATTACH]

The bra comes off! Alllrighhhht!!!

Its really nice out - 50 degrees. I'm doing this today....

Pics?? IBIgetbanned. :eek:

mgitlin how old are you?:lol:

Val, You might want to clarify that question. You might get a different answer depending on whether you meant "mentally" or "physically".

It *was* rather coincidental which post yours followed... but I was too much of a gentleman to say anything. :icon_mrgr

So today I went to the hardware store and picked up 8 3/8" washers.....Came home after school and crawled under the car. At first it was annoying to unbolt the mufflers because of the angle of the pipe but I found an easy way. Removed the gasket which was basically rusted to the flange. Put bolt back and put on 2 spacers per bolt and of course a set of spacers fell into the pipe! All I did was turn on the car and rev it to 2000rpms to get them out.....bolted up each muffler and drove around.

I guess since I am N/A it is not supposed to sound like a GT with this mod. I was not pleased with it, my exhaust sounded like there was a hole in it, although it was not a ricey sound, it was not a pleasant rumble! I tried to drive around some more to maybe get used to it but I ended up coming back home. I decided to try it out with 1 spacer per bolt and its quieter but more of a growl. It still is nothing like the original videos.

I will keep it on for a while and see if I like it or not. I am wondering what it would sound like with maybe 3 or 4 spacers. Does anyone know if it might have that growl with 3 or 4 or will it become worse?

Haha....Also installed a new right side OEM windshield wiper.....That's my day!:icon_mrgr

Val, You might want to clarify that question. You might get a different answer depending on whether you meant "mentally" or "physically".

It *was* rather coincidental which post yours followed... but I was too much of a gentleman to say anything. :icon_mrgr

mentally, of course!

Val... not sure what sound you'd get out of the NA with this mod.

You're higher compression and cammed differently then our LGT's.... so that could really make a different sound.

I would have guessed that the 2.5i would sound more throaty, or maybe a little more raw, because there's no turbo to buffer the sound pulses.

Maybe that's why it didn't sound so good. Does the 2.5i also have the silencer after the third cat? Does it even have 3 cats like the turbo does?