LegacyGT.com

The Only Twin Turbo Legacy B4 in the US

Lubasu

Thought you guys might want to see this. Friend of mine who shows up at my local subie meets has the only JDM twin turbo B4 in the US confirmed by Subaru. Caught him the other day in my neighborhood and snapped some quick pics (my GT in the background). I'll try and grab some engine bay pics and some more of the car at this weeks meet on wednesday.

IMAG2542.thumb.jpg.57a31ba8288f7ac0a566fdc83b7196dd.jpg

IMAG2543.thumb.jpg.a3d906e98dfc4d966f53007860f4d351.jpg

IMAG2544.thumb.jpg.771bf76448b0b2ad33c7b70d3df1713c.jpg

I bought some LGT bits off a guy in GA who was in the process of having one imported. Sounded like a major PITA and cost upwards of $8,000 on top of the price of the car.

Not sure how "Subaru" would or could confirm the existence of grey market imported models outside of where they were sold. That's like asking the hospital that issued your birth certificate where you currently live.

Still. . .cool story brah.

So yea, this is not the "only" twin turbo B4 in the states. I know of at least 3 others, including a Legacy S401 that I have physically seen and gone for a ride in.

You should tell your friend that his Japanese license plate is not correct for the car. That does not look like a Mini-Truck to me.

I bought some LGT bits off a guy in GA who was in the process of having one imported. Sounded like a major PITA and cost upwards of $8,000 on top of the price of the car.

Not sure how "Subaru" would or could confirm the existence of grey market imported models outside of where they were sold. That's like asking the hospital that issued your birth certificate where you currently live.

Still. . .cool story brah.

Good point here, although i still shit my pants when he pulled into our meet haha

So yea, this is not the "only" twin turbo B4 in the states. I know of at least 3 others, including a Legacy S401 that I have physically seen and gone for a ride in.

You should tell your friend that his Japanese license plate is not correct for the car. That does not look like a Mini-Truck to me.

Figured it wasn't haha

Awesome!!

How much did it cost him to import it, roughly? Related question: how much would it have cost him to import it if he didn't plan on registering it for road use??

Not sure, I'll ask him next wednesday.

Archived