LegacyGT.com

Stay safe today in Boston Metro area

Dujo

One down, one to go.

MBTA and MBCR are shut down. My kid's daycare as well as the local Boys and Girls club are shut down due to manhunt. Sounds like most of the city and surrounding metro area is shutting down to keep the public off the streets as much as possible. Remaining suspect is armed and dangerous. Stay safe today!

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/04/19/us-usa-mit-gunshots-idUSBRE93I04520130419

Schwartz also asked people in the Boston-area communities of Newton, Waltham, Belmont, Cambridge and the Allston-Brighton to stay indoors and asked businesses in those areas to remain closed pending further notice.

I work in Waltham. After reading that, I checked my work email and sure enough, the HR manager sent something out asking everyone to work from home today.

Sounds like there was a shoot out in Cambridge last night followed by a shoot out in Watertown where suspect 2 got away on foot. No idea what his current whereabouts are. Fyi ... Arlington is definitely on that list now as well as probably some additional local towns.

WTF, Boston, calm yo shit. srsly, stahp.

Joking aside, I hope everyone in the Boston area stays safe. It's been a fucked up week for a lot of people, I hope calm returns soon.

I could suck start a snow blower.

Yeah, apparently parts of Watertown turned into a war zone. Lots of bullets and even explosives.

Apparently the two suspects are brothers. I hope the second guy is captured alive; I'd really like to know what the motive is behind the Marathon attacks. But I doubt that happens. He'll probably keep shooting and exploding things until the police take him out.

They carjacked a guy on Mem Drive and drove around with him for about a half hour and then let him go. Presumably, he called the police while they headed out Mem Drive toward Watertown. At some point, they were lobbing explosives from the carjacked Mercedes suv in a carchase in Watertown. I assume they were stopped there somehow last night and a shootout ensued where the younger brother got away. Obviously details are sketchy and not totally clear right now.

One thing I don't understand is why they didn't wax the guy they carjacked the Mercedes from. It's a good thing for sure, but if they're heavily armed, have no qualms with detonating two bombs at a crowded annual event, and more than willing to have shootouts with police... why did they let this guy live?

Only reason I can think of is that they wanted the guy to call the police.

by shooting the guy it creates another thing they have to worry about. Now you have a dead body that needs to be disposed of, granted in the grand scheme of things it may not seem to be a trivial thing to worry about considering what they have done to this point. By keeping him alive its clear their objective was to get from point A to Point B as quick as possible

Looks like the second suspect was captured alive. Good news, too.

In other news, my brother-in-law was in Colorado for work and landed at Logan at 7pm and I had to pick him up. State police were doing random car checks (I was waved through). Now, my BIL works in Watertown and lives in Wayland. His car is currently in the middle of Watertown. When he got into my car, I told him, "I can take you home or you can crash at our place, but there's no way I'm driving to Watertown for anything."

I'll be bringing him to his car tomorrow morning, especially since it looks like that whole mess is done.

Dennis and Callahan of WEEI interview a state police Colonel and the Chief of Police of Watertown this morning: http://audio.weei.com/weei/dennis_and_callahan.htm?resultType=media&media=audio

If you want to get a good idea of how things really went down in Watertown on Friday, this gives a much clearer picture than what the news is doing. The best part is what the Chief of Watertown police says about the guy that they mistakenly detained and strip searched while looking for #2.

Archived