LegacyGT.com

weird issue. car fires injectors with ignition on, car not running

I'm having a wierd issue with my subbie, when i turn to position 2 and dont start the car. the injectors and plugs start randomly firing. causing it to flood out. i have unplugged both the cam sensor and the crank sensor and it still does it. also the tach will jump. power and ground to the ecu is ok. i'm thinking it might have a bad ecu... any other thoughts?:confused:

1994 2.2 n/a 5speed awd.

Hello;

Check the ignition switch, ECU relay, fuel pump relay, and Maf sensor output voltage. Perhaps check the voltage on the O2 sensor. Something is triggering the ECU to fire the injectors. My ECU was faulty causing the car to hesistate. I replaced the filter capacitors on the circuit board and fixed my problem. When these go, the computer will keep resetting itself. Steven.

Purge control solenoid valves crap out. You can try a junkyard replacement but in my experience they are bad. A new one will save you the headache. They are $120 new from the dealer. Iirc there is a Geo replacement that is much cheaper and works the same. Search around here. I think mnstrmech figured it out.

Edit: from what I have gathered the only problem with a bad purge valve is the cel. Otherwise it usually doesn't have an effect on mpg, or the performance. I replaced mine because the cel bothered me.

Hello;

You will be dealing with four filter (electrolytic) capacitors, two are 100mf 50volts, one is a 47mf 50volt, and one 33mf 50volt. Use a low wattage soldering iron, not a soldering gun. Make sure the polarity is correct when installing these. Be sure to use a good rosin core solder, Steven.

Archived